Old 08-01-2014, 02:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
It's always struck me odd that you would have separate switches for the two inside speakers. If it's "stereo," why wouldn't you just have an indoor switch and an outdoor switch? Are the two outside switches really "stereo," or are there just two speakers? If they're stereo, then the C switch would be switching both the left and right channels on or off simultaneously, while the A and B switches would just be switching one channel each. Weird.
I bought a couple of small bookshelf speaker and hooked them up to right and left on "A" and took the two existing interior speaker and hooked them up to right and left on "B". It made a world of difference for $40!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:59 PM   #12

Stereo speaker inside stopped working

Just a follow up. Traced the wires from the speakers. No broken connections. Pulled the stereo unit and moving the wires the speaker came back on. Obviously a poor connection in behind the stereo. Problem is I cant find the loose connection. I got it working and know where the issue is at least. I'll keep fiddling with it but that's where the issue is ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #13

It's usually the crappy crimps they use. Follow the wire from the back of the stereo yo the clear insulated crimp they use to attach to the speaker wires. Just pull the two wire ends. This is 90% the failure point. I have had at least 8 of these go bad including the ones for my awning. Check there.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:00 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibullsAN View Post
It's usually the crappy crimps they use. Follow the wire from the back of the stereo yo the clear insulated crimp they use to attach to the speaker wires. Just pull the two wire ends. This is 90% the failure point. I have had at least 8 of these go bad including the ones for my awning. Check there.

Thank you for that advise. I will do

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-31-2014, 04:41 PM   #15

+1 on Chibulls suggestion.
If you have a multimeter...you can also check for breaks in the wire elsewhere by setting it to OHMS and clipping to the speaker end of the wire and any other part of the wire. Infinity or 1 on the readout means there is a break between the 2 points and anything less (close to 0) is indicative of a good wire.
Here's an example of continuity testing on two terminals...the equivalent of two ends of a wire.

2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote