Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 PM   #1

Storing the RVQ in a Roo

I feel like this is a dumb question, but I haven't figured out a good solution to this problem yet. Thought I'd toss it out to the community to see what other folks do and if I'm over looking something.

I have 2017 Roo 23WS. Just about have it packed/organized and ready for our first trip.... but the one thing I'm struggling with is where the hell to store the RVQ that came with the coach. Its bulky and oddly shaped so it doesn't fit in a whole lotta places. There are a few select cabinets where it fits but I'm not thrilled with taking up those spaces with the BBQ. Plus, once this thing gets some use, I don't want it stinking up the coach interior... although BBQ musk might be an interesting interior scent option.

For now, I think I'll just keep it in my truck bed. unless I can figure out something better. Eventually, I want to install a receiver and get a hitch mounted platform with a storage box to put all the oddly shaped, bulky, dirty/stinky items.

Just wondering if someone figured out a creative storage solution that I haven't thought of. Thanks!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:20 PM   #2

I keep mine in my TV or in the Roo shower (inside a bag) when traveling.

I am working on finding a heavier duty bag to put it in. The one it came with has torn.

FYI, i have a 2016 Roo 183

ebcobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:30 PM   #3

Thanks! I've considered the shower option. The BBQ gets set up soon after arriving at the site so that would work. Any issues with smells?

I hear ya about the bag. The storage bag is super thin. I think I already have a rip in my bag and I haven't used the BBQ yet!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:36 PM   #4

I try to keep the BBQ pretty clean (wipe out after using), but it still gets pretty greasy. I have not noticed any smells.

The only issue I've had with storing it in the shower is a small gouge in the shower wall (only I would notice it). I believe it occurred during a panic stop I had to make last year, causing the grill to smash into the shower wall. No other damage though.
ebcobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

I got a blue Coleman grill bag for the Sidekick bbq grill. It has a lower compartment that the grill bracket fits perfect in.
I've put in the inside of the trailer, since the Coleman bag is made with thick material and the smells don't leach out.

By the way, the Roos have been equipped with Sidekick grills and not RVQs, for at least 10 years.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:37 PM   #6

I keep mine in a big Tupperware container,
Old 04-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #7
rbq

My Roo came with a Blue Rhino grill that has a bag that holds the frame that the grill sits on and the grill. It fits under the dinette for travel.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbq View Post
My Roo came with a Blue Rhino grill that has a bag that holds the frame that the grill sits on and the grill. It fits under the dinette for travel.
Well, that was a dealer added grill or previous owner.
Never was a FR option, as far as I know.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:23 AM   #9

We were putting ours in the compartment under the wardrobe slide out.....it's a little tight, but it fits in......but we never were a fans of RVQ.
We now have a Cuisinart CGG-200 and love it. That one, we put inside the hybrid when traveling.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:35 AM   #10

Thumbs up THANKS!

Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of using the Coleman bag. I will also see if I can fit the grill (sidekick, not RVQ - thanks for the correction) under the wardrobe. I like that location as its probably the only outside accessible storage compartment that can fit the BBQ. I tried quickly once before to stuff it in there, but I didn't get it to fit easily. I will try again and see how it goes.

Tags
roo