Old 08-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by l24x4 View Post
My wall above slide is rotted. in the middle the wall paper is REALLY soft and it don't seemed to be a piece of aluminum there at all. One on top of the wall but not on the bottom. Not sure what to do besides cry to sleep at night.
I am sorry to hear this. You may have already done it, but have you identified the cause of the water damage? Was it the roof, seals, window? You get the point. Replacing the effected areas will be necessary, of course, but the cause needs to be addressed as well.

Originally Posted by great white View Post
Well, if you're handy its probably time to take the wall apart and replace the rotted parts.

If you're not handy I hope your wallet is heavy....

Good point. Just curious l24x4, do you intend to do this work yourself or have a dealer or experienced friend do this?

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
Well I tore into it alittle today. No form board one stud running along to top of the ceiling. Looks like a rim board glued to the stud and laminate on both sides of it. No stud on bottom. The roof and all seams have Rv tape and the seal above the slide has tape too. Thinking the water is somehow getting pass the slide seal and the plastic cup on the bottom off the wall above the slide is trapping it and all is getting sucked up into the wood. Just don't know how to get rotten wood out without braking the fiberglass on the outside. And don't know really how the water is getting in. But the only spots that are affected are right above the slide. Here's a thought. If there is no stud on the bottom and no studs running up and down because what will they attach to. And every time the slide is ran out. You would think it would pull the wall on top out just a little and over time the screws on the outside that holds the roof down where the fiberglass meets would start to loosen maybe. Hell I don't know. But your right if I cant find where the leak is fixing it would be a waste of time. But for now just getting the rotten wood out would be a start. Any suggestion would be a big help. Sorry for the book.

l24x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
Unfortunately, to do a proper fix on the wall above the slide opening would require the removal of the slide, and that is not a small job. Sorry.

bakken is offline   Reply With Quote