Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
When you say no problem, that is based on so many variables that are lining up, with or without knowing the sequence of events that are occuring. Your use in that manner, is at or near the extreme limit of the receptacle. So, the "wow, I can't believe that happened" moment is pretty close. Periodically check the plug connection for any buildup of heat. Also, RV plug ends tend to become either dirty or excessively tarnished over time, due to the duty enviroment they encounter. That, if not monitored, will melt something in short order. Just sayin'
X2 That's a fact. Check the temp of the last foot of the power cord. Especially, at the CG. Because of the number of times the breaker has been popped and reset, don't count on more than 25A
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock04 View Post
I put in the 30amp outlet and use a 100ft and a 30 ft plus the 20 or 25 ft from the camper cord. I put the power management system in and get good readings from the outlet. I have run pretty much everything at the same time except the microwave and have had no problems. With nothing on the readings on the PMS are 1 A, 60 H and 120. When I put just the 15K A/C on it goes to about 4 A. I do have the heavy duty 30amp cords.
Yes, at the outlet(source) for your EMS, but, what do you have at the outlet in the TT at the end of all your extension cords where you'll see the voltage drop from what's running? a plug in voltmeter in a prominent outlet in the TT will give you a pretty good picture when you compare them
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
Yes, at the outlet(source) for your EMS, but, what do you have at the outlet in the TT at the end of all your extension cords where you'll see the voltage drop from what's running? a plug in voltmeter in a prominent outlet in the TT will give you a pretty good picture when you compare them
The EMS is in the TT at the end of all the cords. I spliced it in in the cabinet under the sink. Someone had some pictures up a while ago and I followed their lead.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
He said he was checking amps. Amps won't change no matter how long the cord is or where you check it. Volts, yes. Amps, no.

(Agree, 4 amps is too low for the A/C).

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Unless you ordered an upgrade your unit will come set up for 30A service. You can use it on a higher current service ( 50A) with an adapter or with limited high current items running on a 15A or 20A household outlet ( with adapter) using a heavy duty extension. This last option is generally used only when working in the TT at home or for running the fridge to pre-cool it for a trip. You would not really want to run long term on a household outlet.
Why not? I leave mine plugged in at home all the time when not on the road. Keeps the battery charged and before the next trip I will pre-cool the fridge on electric. If I'm doing somethign in the camper in the driveway, I may turn on the radio (that runs of 120v). But I don't see what the harm in any of this would be.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:35 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Either this is with just the fan motor running ( before the compressor kicks in) or your EMS is bad. The compressor draws about 12-13 A after startup.
You were right about the 12-13 Amps. I checked it while out camping last week. First trip out and boy oh boy it was really nice camping in the IKSS compared to the pop up. Only plus for the pop up is the king size beds.