Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #1

Taking delivery of our 21DK on Tuesday

Well after several months of waiting we are finally picking up our new 21DK in a few days. I have printed out the PDI list and will spend tomorrow making a list of questions for during our walkthrough.

In the meantime I have a few other questions that I was hoping some of the members could help with:

Someone has told me we can use single ply toilet paper instead of spending the extra $$ on RV toiler paper, is this correct or will it cause issues?

Do you typically use any kind of chemicals or enzymes in your black or grey tanks?

Any suggestions on sewer hose set ups that are particularly trouble free or easier to flush the tanks with? (camping world seems to have about 5 mill kinds and gadgets for tank flushing) I like the idea of something put into the tank that I just hook a hose to and turn the water on to flush the system but not sure about drilling a hole in the tank on a new RV!

Do you typically leave your units plugged in when stored? If not do you use a battery tender on the RV battery(s) when stored?

I am sure I will have a lot more questions in the coming weeks so thanks for your patience ahead of time.

Jaime
rown4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #2

Incidentally the PDI checklist prints out on our apple with a lot of black smears and missing text for some reason. Does anyone have a way to post a better or more apple friendly version?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #3

Picked it up today and after we got it home I noticed that the front bunk rests on the LPG bottle cover so it is not going all the way down unless I take the cover off. Do others have this issue?
Old 07-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #4
Site Team

mine doesn't on my 23SS but i have it crammed down over the tanks.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #5

Is your tank cover fastened to the trailer in any way? Mine doesn't, it slides down over the bottles and sits there which seems odd.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #6

Congrats on finally getting your Roo. I have a little bungee cord that holds my tank cover down.

Give me a call with any questions you might have. If you want to see my quickie flush install I will be working on my Roo tonight getting it ready for this weekend..
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rown4au View Post
Is your tank cover fastened to the trailer in any way? Mine doesn't, it slides down over the bottles and sits there which seems odd.
nope, never been fastened and i've had the trailer since 2006 without it ever coming off.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #8

Keven, any tips on the quickie flush? I may be interested in installing that. Where are you guys headed?

I'm still waiting on "our" dealer to provide the estimate to fix my front bed from when I backed in to it, but the Roo isn't damaged enough to prevent us from camping.

Camped for 12 nights in 2015 - too many cancellations
Camped for 25 nights in 2014!
Camped for 24 nights in 2013!
RedStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rown4au View Post
You can move the tanks to the outside notches on the device that is screwed down to secure the tanks. This forces a tighter fit of the propane cover.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStick View Post
Keven, any tips on the quickie flush? I may be interested in installing that. Where are you guys headed?

I'm still waiting on "our" dealer to provide the estimate to fix my front bed from when I backed in to it, but the Roo isn't damaged enough to prevent us from camping.
Don't you just love the service department at "our" dealer.

You need a right angle drill which I have, I just need to borrow a battery from a friend. It was a quick and easy install took just about an hour. I did end up doing both tanks since I was under the Roo. I you want to see my install let me know I will show you...

We are heading up to Lake Summerville staying at Rocky Creek.
keven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keven View Post
Congrats on finally getting your Roo. I have a little bungee cord that holds my tank cover down.

Give me a call with any questions you might have. If you want to see my quickie flush install I will be working on my Roo tonight getting it ready for this weekend..
Thanks Keven, I am traveling for work but will be back Sunday and will take a closer look at he tanks then to see if i can come up with an easy self fix and go thru the trailer more thoroughly. I also need to install my reese wt dist hitch as i ordered it from etrailer. We may try to do a quick weekend camping trip at lake Conroe to see how it goes.