Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Namthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 25
Tank Locks

I have had 2 incidents with jokster's pulling the black tank valve while in a rest stop and at a campground resulting in a nice mess when hooking up the sewer line. Anyone know of a locking system for for the valves?
__________________

__________________
Namthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namthor View Post
I have had 2 incidents with jokster's pulling the black tank valve while in a rest stop and at a campground resulting in a nice mess when hooking up the sewer line. Anyone know of a locking system for for the valves?
Keep the tanks empty while towing and the sewer hose connected when in a campground. Also, installing a clear elbow and leaving it on with a cap will alert you to what's waiting for you.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namthor
I have had 2 incidents with jokster's pulling the black tank valve while in a rest stop and at a campground resulting in a nice mess when hooking up the sewer line. Anyone know of a locking system for for the valves?
Hook the valve handles to 110 v !

Buy an electric dump valve vs a manual handle ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Hook the valve handles to 110 v !

Buy an electric dump valve vs a manual handle ?
Spend a lot of bucks when keeping them empty or hooked up is free? Surely you jest!
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

Spend a lot of bucks when keeping them empty or hooked up is free? Surely you jest!
He's saying that they pull the handle when it's empty then when hes camping the tank fills and he hadn't realized it was open the whole time .
Soooooooooo when he pulls off the cap ............ well you get the point.

U need to up your prescription level on those ole tri focals ? Lol !
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
... U need to up your prescription level on those ole tri focals ? Lol !
"jokster's pulling the black tank valve while in a rest stop and at a campground resulting in a nice mess when hooking up the sewer line.

Ya'll need your's checked.

The clear 'capped' elbow solves both situations. But hooking the slinky up as soon as you get to the campground solves the other.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc

"jokster's pulling the black tank valve while in a rest stop and at a campground resulting in a nice mess when hooking up the sewer line.

Ya'll need your's checked.

The clear 'capped' elbow solves both situations. But hooking the slinky up as soon as you get to the campground solves the other.
Lol so if the clear cap is full he's still got the same issue ! only now he can see it's there .
Clear elbow won't help the trickster not pull his handle.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Road-King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 645
Not to but in, but I will anyways.

With the clear end attached he would know somethings wrong if there is stuff in there. So he would check the tank valve and close it. Less "O'h Sh!$'s" and less mess to clean up...
__________________
Russ & Kim
2014 Alpine 3600RS
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 4X4
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-King
Not to but in, but I will anyways.

With the clear end attached he would know somethings wrong if there is stuff in there. So he would check the tank valve and close it. Less "O'h Sh!$'s" and less mess to clean up...
True.
Again doesn't solve the issue at hand.
Op wants to lock or disable tank valve whilst traveling to and from.
Wouldn't an electric valve gate solve is issue ?
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Road-King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
True.
Again doesn't solve the issue at hand.
Op wants to lock or disable tank valve whilst traveling to and from.
Wouldn't an electric valve gate solve is issue ?
"You are correct Sir." (Phil Hartman)
__________________

__________________
Russ & Kim
2014 Alpine 3600RS
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9 4X4
2008 Harley Davidson Road King 105th Anniversary
(2011-5 bad year)(2012-40)(2013-45)(2014-23)
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.