Old 11-13-2015, 10:49 PM   #1

terminal water damage to front bed?

WOW I was just sent an email from the local Forest River dealer. He said Forest River could not promise that we could get a replacement for the front bed. We tried last winter but the bed that arrived was not made the correct size, even though we sent the VIN # as they asked. We decided to wait and do the repair this winter. At this point I'm really sorry I bought a Forest River and will surely not make the mistake again. I won't sell it like this, I just hope I can hack and patch it (not just disguise it like the last owner did) so I can at least use it.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctoby View Post
WOW I was just sent an email from the local Forest River dealer. He said Forest River could not promise that we could get a replacement for the front bed. We tried last winter but the bed that arrived was not made the correct size, even though we sent the VIN # as they asked. We decided to wait and do the repair this winter. At this point I'm really sorry I bought a Forest River and will surely not make the mistake again. I won't sell it like this, I just hope I can hack and patch it (not just disguise it like the last owner did) so I can at least use it.

What make, model, and year?
It sounds like you blaming FR for a problem previous owner sold to you?

Old 11-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #3

Sorry in my angry tirade I forgot to include that info. Its 2006 Shamrock 19. When we first discovered the problem with water and the front bed I contacted FR directly. Got nowhere. When I took it to a dealer he attempted to correct a few roof leaks and I put more weather stripping around the beds. The major problem seemed solved. He suggested to wait for a while to make sure the cure worked. It did and I replaced the pressed cardboard used near the front bed with PVC planking, as it had swollen from the water leak. The following winter the dealer tried to order the bed but they shipped one that was the wrong size. We decided to use it another year and fix it this winter. Its now unusable except for light storage. We were going to fix it and sell it to purchase another. The sale is lost and I am not sure of the repairability. I will try something over the winter.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:25 PM   #4
Canadian Member

When mine had to be replaced on my previous Roo due to delamination, FR sent me new bed "cores" which are essentially a wall panel without the metal trim and hardware. A local Rockwood dealer switched the frames and hardware from the original doors and actually did a better job installing the doors than the factory did.

Did FR ship the complete door or just a core? I'd think they could at least get you properly sized cores.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:28 PM   #5
Engineer of Crazy Train

My 2010 had some minor water damage. I had it replaced prior to selling. I had no issues getting the right size. My dealer worked well, and had it shipped inside a trailer being delivered to save me freight costs. Same dealer got me a new radio, no questions asked, when my iRV quit.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:36 PM   #6

Try another dealer.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:33 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Try another dealer.
Ditto!
Did you talk with FR parts dept. or is that what your dealer told you the said?
Most of the time, the dealer is the problem, not FR.
Did you buy this trailer from said dealer?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:52 PM   #8

When I first found problem I contacted FR about getting a new bed. They would not deal directly with me. Person of the phone just wanted to know how I got their contact information. Even blamed the dealer for giving it to me. He didn't I got it from this forum. Not blaming FR for previous owners problem. I should have done a better job of inspection, at least better then his job of hiding it. Just upset with them for their response to me. The original dealer stopped selling FR's in 2007 as a result of their quality problems with front bed leaks and warranty claims, at least that is his position. I haven't seen a FR on his lot since. FR did send a complete door to the other local dealer that was going try to get it fixed. When the bed came in the wrong size told me he has had the same type problem with them before. I will contact the dealer about getting a core and see what reaction I get. I will probably see if I can find something and just do it myself.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:39 AM   #9

Sheri Dunlap
Parts Coordinator – Forest River, Millersburg – Plant 10D
Rockwood – Roo / MiniLite / UltraLite / UltraV
sdunlap@forestriverinc.com
(574) 642-8940 direct number
(574) 343-5947 direct fax
** In June, 73% of all parts were shipped in 5 days.**
Try here direct she is quoting me three beds for my 2005 Roo 233 think i will order soon to install this spring
The bed/frame assembly w/hinge is part# 10-D-2003T $330.00 each plus $40.00 crate each plus freight charges. When ordering this item, you would need to order it with the vin# of the unit and the location of the bed you want to order. These are special order items from production and can take approximately 4 – 6 week

Tags
bed, water