Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 02:40 PM   #1

Thanks friends...moving on from the roo

I just felt the need to tell you guys that the roo/Rock community is the absolute best on FRF. You guys have provided me so much entertainment that I almost feel I owe a monetary amount.

I love the roo, but I am moving on from the roo. It is going to its new owner tonight. It has been a flawless camper and I have loved every minute I have spent with it. Situations dictate going a slightly different direction but my two seasons with the roo have been the best camping memories of my life.

To future buyers, do not hesitate...great camper, great community. I am gonna miss the banter with this group. Camp on friends!
Old 08-31-2016, 03:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Vader, thanks for being a positive member of our little Roo/Shamrock community here.
I agree that we have the best group of owners here.

We are also looking to move to something else, as we're retired now and the Roo isn't the best choice for 2-3 month trips in the winter time.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #3

You have both been very helpful members of the community. Thanks for all your input, and best of luck to you!
joinco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #4

Best of luck RooVader.....and stop by once in while, your output might still be useful to us
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #5

Best of luck! I'm thinking of trading up too, thinking of a more permanent option

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #6

Good luck thanks for all your help

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Robs1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 12:52 PM   #7

Oh I will still be around off and on. I am the oddball, not going larger...I am actually going to go smaller I think. Almost an empty nester...I think the Roo outgrew me, lol. I am probably going to get a cheap little r-pod or something like that. I have been on a shrinking journey for years.

Toy hauler -> Hybrid -> Make it just big enough to have a toilet.

I was suprised how sad I was letting the Roo go. It was a reminder just how nice they are as I was showing off all the features!
Old 09-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #8

Always enjoyed reading your posts. Best of luck on your next RV.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #9

By the way, for those of you who, like us, are finding that as empty nesters (no kids, no pets) we didn't need that awesome space of our 23IKSS (which we have not yet sold by the way) we went with a Lance 2285. Great trailer for 2. About 500# less weight. 4-season capable. Very comfortable with an awesome slide out dinette, yet less counter space and less storage and less floorspace. Plenty of upgrades but a few things that were not as nice as on the Roo (slightly smaller sink and refrig.) But it pulls great and it is a hard side (which was key for us if we could find something comfortable enough without weighing more). Costs about $10K more. We pull it with our Toyota Land Cruiser.
drhroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:10 PM   #10
DW's 401(k) Plan

Like you, RooVader, we loved our Roo 23SS, but DW was fretful about breaking camp if I fell ill - like I did one trip. She decided we needed something she could handle herself. We went to a Flagstaff to our present Sunseeker. Those bunk ends were just a bit much for her.
I have enjoyed reading your posts, as well as bikedan's. Stick around and let us know what you get and your mods - I'm sure there will be some!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:25 PM   #11

Love that Lance floorplan! Super cool and I have heard great things about Lance and their ability to camp further into the season....enjoy it!

I think I am going to go get a leftover Pod later this week. Considerably less money that the Roo was and should be super quick to set up/break camp.

Thanks for the feedback in this thread, I have enjoyed hearing other people's thoughts and experiences as their needs or interests change. Will still check in with the Roo group as I will still be in the forest river family most likely.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #12

Group hug! Now stop this before we all get misty-eyed.

2019 Surveyor 251RKS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Love that Lance floorplan! Super cool and I have heard great things about Lance and their ability to camp further into the season....enjoy it!

I think I am going to go get a leftover Pod later this week. Considerably less money that the Roo was and should be super quick to set up/break camp.

Thanks for the feedback in this thread, I have enjoyed hearing other people's thoughts and experiences as their needs or interests change. Will still check in with the Roo group as I will still be in the forest river family most likely.
Boy RooVader,with a Pod you could "Run for Mayor" of R-Pod Village! They also need a Fire Chief! Youroo!!
Old 09-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Boy RooVader,with a Pod you could "Run for Mayor" of R-Pod Village! They also need a Fire Chief! Youroo!!
Haha...pretty sure the mayor there has the job pretty well locked down and does a great job! I will say it is interesting how the R-pod group here is very quiet but it has a great community on facebook. Just interesting how different communities use different platforms.

I should probably switch back to my original Forest River Forums name of PodVader but not sure I am ready to part with my Roo name or Roo forum friends!

Tags
roo