Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
cogito ergo moo

Thats more like it.

I whined earlier on the general discussion forum about how I havent got to camp yet this year. Then *boom!* went camping two weekends in a row. Ah, felt great. Spent the 4th of july weekend on our lake lot, and we had our annual 'adult float trip' last weekend.

Now that I have put a 3/4 inch piece of foam under the matress to level up the hump from the ledge to the bunk floor, I found the bed to be much more comfortable. I'm loving this camper more and more. The weather was unseasonably cool this weekend, so we left the A/C off and unzipped the bunk flaps. What a marvelous way to sleep. I even tried making biscuits in the oven for the first time. Turned out pretty good, provided you watch them like a hawk.

I even managed to get it set back in the driveway on one pull. Normally, to miss my garage, neighbors mailbox, and assorted vehicles littering my driveway, I gotta back up and pull forward 2 or three times. Not yesterday. All the stars aligned and it slipped into its spot like I knew what I was doing.

tim

Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #2

Quote:
All the stars aligned and it slipped into its spot like I knew what I was doing.
I know why that happened: No one was watching you!!

Old 07-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
I know why that happened: No one was watching you!!
Probably true! I'm pretty good at backing trailers, but I lose my mind every now and then. Once, when backing the High School Band equipement trailer into the same hole where the Roo sits, I managed to put 2 holes in the trailer skin, tore a gutter and downspout off the garage (and flattend the downspout to boot) and knocked my shed off its blocks. And of course, every neighbor I have was outside at the time.

I did capture the parking job with the Roo on my security camers. I ahve been studying the footage so I can see exactly what the distances and angles were so I maybe do it again.

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #4

Tim...oh my god that was so funny a read! I have been in your shoes before, best backup ever was with absolutely nobody around to see it!! And as for damaging a band trailer....I cut a parking lot U-turn too tight and bent the fender and trashed the decorative hub sleeve/cover...something my fellow equipment crew team mates NEVER let me live down!

What/where did you find the foam to level under your mattress??
I have the same problem, feeling like I am always rolling downhill and would like to do the same....are you able to leave that foam in place when closing the bunk ends up for traveling?
2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #5
cogito ergo moo

I got the foam at Home Depot. Comes in various sizes (thickness). Yes, I leave it in place when stowing the bunk. I was gonna put some Velcro in to hold it in place, but it turns out that it is not necessary.

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Old 08-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #6

AWESOME Thanks!! & happy camping!

2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote