Old 10-08-2016, 11:52 PM   #11
Site Team

Our last trip will be later this month at Hyco Lake in NC. We are ending earlier this year due to needing to spend more money around the house etc....

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
Well....the time has come to make our final trip this year. Camping season in Maine is short, and most campgrounds around here are already closed.
This weekend will be our last one, and it will be a nice one (temps in the 60's).
Next weekend will be winterizing.....put the cover on,.... and hibernation.

We're happy we had eight camping outings this summer, and hopefully the same next year.
Already reserved a week in Old Orchard Beach and a week in Prince Edward Island

Hope you all had a great summer

Dre
We stayed at Old Orchard Beach when we did our trip from Florida to PEI. Nice park and close to everything for us Florida tourists.

Where do you stay on PEI?

Don't know what winterizing is in Florida but then again we do have hurricanes. Beautiful in your neck of the woods for sure...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #13

Captnjohn
Did you and the boat survive Matthew? I sure hope so.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
5er_tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #14
DW's Retirement Plan

Yep, we're on our last trip of the season, also. Raystown Lake, PA is pretty this time of the year, although not many trees have turned yet.
It's a bittersweet end of the camping season. Our last Sheltie (out of 4 total in 2012) passed away yesterday morning. Almost 14, she either had a major seizure or stroke (maybe both) and passed away before I could get her out of the campground and to a Vet. She always enjoyed going camping, so it was a fitting end for her.
DW and I will make the best of today before we head home tomorrow. It's sunny, but windy and a little cool. Looking forward to a little celebration of Sasha's life tonight. Home tomorrow and start the winterizing chore.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life...
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 10:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Yep, we're on our last trip of the season, also. Raystown Lake, PA is pretty this time of the year, although not many trees have turned yet.
It's a bittersweet end of the camping season. Our last Sheltie (out of 4 total in 2012) passed away yesterday morning. Almost 14, she either had a major seizure or stroke (maybe both) and passed away before I could get her out of the campground and to a Vet. She always enjoyed going camping, so it was a fitting end for her.
DW and I will make the best of today before we head home tomorrow. It's sunny, but windy and a little cool. Looking forward to a little celebration of Sasha's life tonight. Home tomorrow and start the winterizing chore.
Sorry to hear of your loss. We took Buster to Chattanooga last month and to the ER there. He loved to camp. Got him home before he passed. He was with us from the time he was 5 weeks -- 17 years and 7 months. Sad when they go.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post
Captnjohn
Did you and the boat survive Matthew? I sure hope so.

Love my Wildcat 295RSX!

We came through fine, thanks for thinking of us. We lost power last night. Our beaches and low areas flooded. We lost a lot of piers, big ones too. Trees and branches are down. Luckily, I've heard of no one hurt. Bridges to the islands are all closed. Had a curfew overnight.
Thank you,
Old 10-09-2016, 10:23 AM   #17

Yes,,, very sorry to here about your Sheltie DaGrinch,,, out 15 year old Lhasa Apso has gone almost blind,,, it is heart breaking to watch her get around !!! Sweetest Dog ever !!! We are headed for Camp Dearborn Tuesday for a couple a days,,, so we can check out THF,,, then we will be winterizing next week !!!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:41 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Dre do you have a link to the cover you bought? I have to get one.
I'm looking everywhere, but can't find a link.....sorry!

Has to be from eBay or Amazon.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Where do you stay on PEI?
We stayed at Sunset Campground in Cavendish Beach.....The campground is right by the boardwalk. Sites are of a good size and the campground is situated in the heart of Cavendish Beach
While there, we took a ride to look at Cabot Beach Provincial Park. A beautiful campground with services.

It will be a toss up next summer as to where we will be staying !
Old 10-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #20

I should have mentioned Dalford that we've been to PEI a few times before.