Old 10-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #1

The end for this year

Well....the time has come to make our final trip this year. Camping season in Maine is short, and most campgrounds around here are already closed.
This weekend will be our last one, and it will be a nice one (temps in the 60's).
Next weekend will be winterizing.....put the cover on,.... and hibernation.

We're happy we had eight camping outings this summer, and hopefully the same next year.
Already reserved a week in Old Orchard Beach and a week in Prince Edward Island

Hope you all had a great summer

Dre

Old 10-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #2
Site Team

It is always a sad day when you put the camper to bed for the weekend.

asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 05:52 AM   #3

Our last trip is scheduled for a week beginning October 15. Fall break for the local schools so I'm sure we will be joined by our kids and theirs for at least part of the week.
Then it will be back to the dealer for its semi annual inspection and winterizing. They run a special every fall. Inspect and winterize the unit...then in the spring dewinterize and inspect again...about 75 bucks. Cheap peace of mind to me.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #4

Sadly things are winding down in Wisconsin too. Our campground shuts the water off October 15th so next weekend there will be alot of fellow seasonals winterizing their units.

Link to pics:http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/Wi...?sort=4&page=1
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:13 PM   #5

We shut down June 3rd and start around September 1st every year. The boat stays on the Atlantic while y'all. Are camping
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 03:34 PM   #6

My camping season is opposite from y'alls. I'm in the lawn business in SW Florida, and we run flat out 6 and 7 days a week from April till November. Our first outing of this season will be Thanksgiving week on Ft Myers Beach. Not far from home, but a week of peace and quiet. Mid March is our last hurrah, and then it's time to put the TT in storage for the summer. YES, it's a sad day when we cover it and put it in its parking spot. When I retire in just a few short years, we will be enjoying camping as often and wherever we can.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:44 PM   #7

Next Weekend we will be at Richard Bong Recreationial are here in Wisconsin.. then time to winterize and get ready for a Florida trip in April..boy the time goes by fast when your having fun.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerdad View Post
My camping season is opposite from y'alls. I'm in the lawn business in SW Florida, and we run flat out 6 and 7 days a week from April till November. Our first outing of this season will be Thanksgiving week on Ft Myers Beach. Not far from home, but a week of peace and quiet. Mid March is our last hurrah, and then it's time to put the TT in storage for the summer. YES, it's a sad day when we cover it and put it in its parking spot. When I retire in just a few short years, we will be enjoying camping as often and wherever we can.
Much less crowded when we go except in FL January thru March. Heading to Gatlinburg for fall in the mountains then with family for turkey. After that a treck along the coast to Sarasota. Then Alabama, Lousiana, Georgia, and home in NC by June. The boat hits the ocean about the time school lets out for summer.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #9

We are on our last trip this weekend also, logged in 25 days in the camper this year, LOVE the 23ws! it has been all over the east US with us and it tows and camps wonderfully! I am sad this is our last night out, (we will yard camp a few more nights before we cover, Dre do you have a link to the cover you bought? I have to get one. Have fun all and hope you think up mods over the winter!
Old 10-08-2016, 06:07 PM   #10

Maine is a beautiful state in which to camp. We are out until 12 Nov then home until Florida.