Old 04-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #11

Ok, so at this point I think you should name your dealer and tell the costs they charge, then other people can avoid this. I got my tanks filled, full pdi walk through, title tranfer, my old WDH installed , temp plates and they threw in a 30/50 adapter. All for $225

Old 04-04-2016, 10:21 PM   #12

We also received 2 slidelocks

Old 04-04-2016, 11:49 PM   #13

To be fair some dealers may include all of that but charge more for the camper. It is hard to know the full story. I also advise you don't let those fees ruin the excitement of your new roo. If you are comfortable arguing those costs down...great. If not, don't let what other dealers do ruin it for you. At worst it is a learning experience.

I know camping world is a big one for fees and it can be a real war to get them to negotiate.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #14

The LP tanks are installed at the factory. They are filled at the dealer and a battery is installed at the dealer. The trailer must have these two items for the dealer to check out that everything is working which is something they must do on a new trailer. You should not be charged for any of that. Some dealers do charge for the PDI. The TV and grill should be listed in the contract. You are most likely going to receive a 2017 model since the change over has occurred already.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
To be fair some dealers may include all of that but charge more for the camper. It is hard to know the full story. I also advise you don't let those fees ruin the excitement of your new roo. If you are comfortable arguing those costs down...great. If not, don't let what other dealers do ruin it for you. At worst it is a learning experience.

I know camping world is a big one for fees and it can be a real war to get them to negotiate.
Agree completely.

What does your contract stipulate? We had to supply our own battery, I knew that going in and was fine with it. Yet the PDI and propane were included in the price.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #16

All 3 dealers that I have bought from had the PDI and basic starter kit included in the total deal, not a "line" item or "add on" Battery should always be included as with the full propane tank(s) . Not a dealer I would want to deal with.
JP Camper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #17

My propane tanks were full, the battery was there.....included in the price....I don't know and I don't care.....
All I know is how much I paid for the 23ws, and it was a great deal when I consider it had everything we wanted (most of the options were there).

Dre
Old 04-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #18

Mine came with

TV

Paper Towel Holder - you have to mount it cheap plastic

Toilet Paper holder- again you have to mount it

Spatula- in the draw with the Bunk Fan/Lights

Propane - both tanks were filled by dealer no charge

Battery New and installed by dealer

Canister water filter with plastic took/wrench- mine is in the back cabinet of my 2015 23ikss

Outside grill and swing mount - mine was included as part of the package

I was also given the manual crank handle for Power Tongue Jack, Handle to manually crank in the slides and manual handle and strap for the awning

Dealer during the walk thru had it connected to 30 amp service and added some water to fresh water tank.

We camped down the road from the dealer day I picked it up in case something was wrong we could get to correct it before we took it home. We were lucky everything worked that night and we went home the next day.

We were never charged for Freight and Prep it was all tested by the dealer and during the PDI we tested everything.

Good Luck 🤗
Old 04-06-2016, 01:12 PM   #19

Aside from the option package (Sapphire) we had full propane tanks, battery, a drawer full of things like paper towel holder, tp holder, spatula (which I used to open a beer with when we got it home the first night), etc. They also did the PDI with me (no charge) and threw in an E-quilizer WDH which I had as part of the deal. They set it up and it looks like it was done right.

Marty
Old 04-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #20

Dag gone it, I never got the spatula!!

Tags
roo