Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
Aside from the option package (Sapphire) we had full propane tanks, battery, a drawer full of things like paper towel holder, tp holder, spatula

Same here
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:38 PM   #22

I never received my spatula either but then again I generals drink canned beer and cocktails.

Sent from my secret hardened bunker.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:07 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nccamper View Post
Dag gone it, I never got the spatula!!

I guess it depends when you bought yours? I bought mine last April 2015 and got it but a friend of mine bought his 21SS Roo in February of 2013 and dos not
Old 04-07-2016, 06:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
I guess it depends when you bought yours? I bought mine last April 2015 and got it but a friend of mine bought his 21SS Roo in February of 2013 and dos not

It really depends on what Rockwood is sending with the unit and not where you bought it or who the dealer is. That is unless the dealer is removing items sent with the unit. I guess a dealer could take things out and sell them in the parts department if they had a mind to

Going by the OP's original list.
TV- The TV is part of Convenience package C, which is a "standard" option and also is shown as a "standard option" in other locations on the site and brochure. The TV comes with all Roo's at the current time.

Grill - The grill is an "option". As others have noted if the OP ordered the unit with a grill it will come with one. Its a $145 option. The OP should of been provided with a "Rockwood Sales MSRP Order Form" at the time the order was placed. To my knowledge that form is what the factory will use when the unit is built and shipped as to what is on it and in it. My dealer gave me a copy of that form which we both initialed and dated before it was submitted to the factory.

LP tanks - These come with the unit from Rockwood. Its up to the dealer as far as if they'll be full or not. Every new RV I have bought came with full tanks and was never even discussed.

Battery / Battery box- A dealer installed item. I personally have never had to ask for it although on two of the RV's bought new the batteries were not a major brand but some cheap generic brand. You need a battery to operate the slides. Running the slide on converter only is asking for trouble.

If you have heated mattresses you need to make sure you also have the controllers / cord-sets for them.

All of the other items, spatulas, bunk fans, paper holders are just fluff that Rockwood is packing in the units. I would assume that could stop at anytime for any reason as none of it is advertised. I am not sure of the date they started including it but I know it came in the 2016's and some if not all of the 2015's. Any and all including the standard items shown could be nixed at anytime. The disclaimers they plaster everywhere covers them on that.

Despite what anyone thinks they received from the dealer or factory, who was responsible for providing it, or if its on or in the unit you paid for it. It doesn't matter if its just there, was never discussed, and is included in the original price quoted or the dealer writes it up separate at the end. All that matters is the bottom line total price you paid. Ultimately your paying for everything. There is no free lunch, free gas, free batteries, or free spatulas.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:17 PM   #25

After the final price was set, Haylett RV asked me if I wanted to buy the starter kit which consisted of deodorant for the toilet, a sewer hose, a water hose, a surge protector and a few other things that don't come to mind......and if I wanted my propane tanks filled..... I said I wasn't interested ......
Well! the Roo was delivered and the starter kit was in the camper (Free of charge).....And the propane tanks were filled (Again Free of charge)...So yes, there was a free lunch and that depends on where you buy your camper.

Thank you Haylett RV

Dre
Drenjoey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo