Old 05-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #11

Got a link or model number for the one you have?

Sounds perfect!

Thanks!

Old 05-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
Got a link or model number for the one you have?

Sounds perfect!

Thanks!

Yes it does, I was going to go to a digital at some point also. If the Dometic stat gives me an extra feature that the Coleman stats do not I'll go that route too. I can't wait to get home to play with it now. I can't see why the Analog Coleman stat will not do what you describe. Is it possible the factory has them wired wrong? The ground is common and you only have one wire that kicks on the furnace (white). The green and gray to fan should still operate even with the heat on. That is unless Rockwood only used a 5 conductor wire or something.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This is similar to mine (except mine has heat strip setting also) and probably what you would need.
Dometic Penguin RV Air Conditioner Thermostat
Old 05-19-2016, 12:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
This is similar to mine (except mine has heat strip setting also) and probably what you would need.
Dometic Penguin RV Air Conditioner Thermostat
$22 that's what I'm talking about.

The Coleman digital is over $50.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #15

Thanks Aquaman! problem solved! Not going to mention how much I paid for 2 Nest stats! I like them though.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:51 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Funny thing is, that a lot of newbies usually post that they don't know how to keep their A/C fan from running when the furnace is on. I didn't realize the non digital stats didn't have that option.
Old 05-19-2016, 01:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Funny thing is, that a lot of newbies usually post that they don't know how to keep their A/C fan from running when the furnace is on. I didn't realize the non digital stats didn't have that option.

I think the difference with Mainframe and I is we both are used to non ducted AC's, where the wall stat was for was the heat. The FR hybrids are the only ones that are ducted AC. I'm curious how its going to be as I was always told in the past that the AC worked better without being ducted in a hybrid. Thats the main reason I went with the 15K, it does move a little more cfm than the 13.5.

I'm wondering now if I can put a heat strip in the Coleman 15K AC only unit. Need to reference the actual model number one day. No end to the money you can spend on these things
Old 05-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You can always use the bottom dump on the A/C to keep it from running through the ducts. We would do this to cool down the main living area quickly when we were setting up camp and putting things away, and shut the bedroom doors.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I think the difference with Mainframe and I is we both are used to non ducted AC's, where the wall stat was for was the heat. The FR hybrids are the only ones that are ducted AC. I'm curious how its going to be as I was always told in the past that the AC worked better without being ducted in a hybrid. Thats the main reason I went with the 15K, it does move a little more cfm than the 13.5.

I'm wondering now if I can put a heat strip in the Coleman 15K AC only unit. Need to reference the actual model number one day. No end to the money you can spend on these things
I was just thinking the same thing! I want to put a heat strip in mine, I found a black stat with a heat strip option, that's what I will go with. (If I can in fact ad a heat strip)

Dometic 3313194.015 Black Single Zone LCD Cool/Furnace/Heat Strip Thermostat Only Camper Trailer RV

Tags
thermostat