Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #1

Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening!

Well, we didn't get any pictures of the lightning but we had one heck of a 4 day 3 nights close to home in North Central Washington. We had heavy rains, flash floods that ripped houses off foundations, some new fire starts, and did I me took the lightning show? I was very nervous as we were camping under some very large cedar and fir trees but we came out unscathed. We had a really good time despite all the rain and only came back one day early as I as re-injured my lower back adjusting the hitch before we left and I was unable to hike where we had planned. We dry camped and I had to run my FIL's loud generator to charge up the battery as I needed my bunk fan on through the night.

My dual eu2000i's will be here either today or tomorrow from the man or woman in brown. The latter are typically easier in the eyes and have a friendlier personality!

With all the rain we got over the weekend, not one drop leaked in through the canvas and the whole family stayed dry and despite working through muscle spasms (if you have ever injured your back you know what I mean) we had a great weekend. My awesome wife pretty much did the entire set up and take down since I was of little help.

Bubbles were blown at the campsite. If your in NCW, you have to come to Eightmile campground in the world renowned Icicle river canyon near Leavenworth, WA. We are blessed to live minutes from this location. My daughter commented on the way home, "That new camping spot is very close to home."

Enjoy the pitchures ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4043022321.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	37457   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-881304012.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	37459  

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s, PI HW30-C, Equalizer 10k 4 way hitch,