Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #21

The beds fold in half so I lay them against the bunk door on the ledge. The cabinet for the entertainment center holds the mattress in place as we travel. I have never had a problem with the mattress moving. I was concerned about locking the keys in the camper so I hid a spare set underneath in a key box like you would do for a car.
Dvigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMovies View Post
I am wondering how many use a ladder to inspect the doors for stray canvas getting in between the seals on the door and camper? We are going to get ourselves a ladder to help inspect the top of the slide and the co-pilot wants one tall enough so she can inspect the top of the bunk end doors too for proper seal after closing. If people drag ladders along how big do they bring? She is lobbying for a 6 foot fiberglass.
I went all out and decided to buy this ladder. Brought it down to Florida with us and it was nice to have.

Telescoping Telescopic Extension Ladder 12 5ft Tall Multi Purpose Hinged A Frame | eBay
grege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
personally, i'm glad i don't have the pre-attached canvas.
a few years ago, the DW used the bunk lock key in the door's deadbolt lock and jammed the mechanism to the point we couldn't get the door open or the key out.
luckily, i was able to get in from the bunk end, since i have the old style snaps and bungees and unlock the door.
i got the door open but we had to replace the entire door latch mechanism.
FYI - We have a 2013 Rockwood Roo with the new bunk ends that are sealed/attached. We accidentally locked ourselves out and we simply unzipped one of the bunk ends and crawled through. Worked great! For a few minutes we were thinking we were going to have to call a locksmith!

2013 Rockwood Roo 183L
2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax
olwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by olwalker View Post

FYI - We have a 2013 Rockwood Roo with the new bunk ends that are sealed/attached. We accidentally locked ourselves out and we simply unzipped one of the bunk ends and crawled through. Worked great! For a few minutes we were thinking we were going to have to call a locksmith!
Talking about the emergency exit? I guess if you're determined, you can get at them.... Checking it out now... Oh yah, easily done. Now back to getting her ready for the weekend.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by grege View Post
I went all out and decided to buy this ladder. Brought it down to Florida with us and it was nice to have.

Telescoping Telescopic Extension Ladder 12 5ft Tall Multi Purpose Hinged A Frame | eBay
Thats a pretty sweet ladder! I'm stuck on the ladder issue at this point. Dont know what I really want or need. I talked to the co-pilot about it and she could tell I was talking in circles so she suggested (sarcastically) that we just settle the issue by going out and buying a 24 foot extension ladder and strapping it to the roof of the camper. I think I'll get out a couple of weekends and then make a decision.

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Talking about the emergency exit? I guess if you're determined, you can get at them.... Checking it out now... Oh yah, easily done. Now back to getting her ready for the weekend.
I didnt have a clue those exits were there. My daughter hopped up into a bunk and had that zipped open about that quick and yelled my way to come take a look.

As clancy said those bunks are heavy and if you dont have the mattress on just right its darn near impossible to get it closed w/o help.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 AM   #27

I close mine by myself all the time, and I'm 5'3". Sometimes I need a step stool, but most of the time I "walk" the bed close. I really should video tape it and post it. I start in the middle, outter edge and take 2 or 3 steps forward while pushing the door up, while holding the door up, I walk to the right side and check/tuck the canvas, then walk to the left and do that same. Once it's pushed all the way up, I latch the side and then do the other side.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytownmom View Post
I close mine by myself all the time, and I'm 5'3". Sometimes I need a step stool, but most of the time I "walk" the bed close.
That's how I close the bunks, too, Kristina, and I'm 6'3". Its the best way.

The video would be great if you decide to post that.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #29

Yup. X2 on the video. Will you be holding the camera while you “walk the beds in”? You are making that Randy Newman song about short people look pretty silly. My co-pilot is 5’3” too so a video of your magic in action could be a huge “hey I can do that” as well as a tutorial for this not so short person.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #30

I take my kids out by myself some weekends, so I have to be able to do everything.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote