Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #11

In Nov. we purchased a FR Shamrock21ss.It was our desire to feel like we were still camping,and still had the slide out which gave us great room inside,and still be able to tow it with my Ford Sporttrac,Didn't want to have to buy a new truck just to go RVing.Its cozy and plenty big for what we want.When i go camping,i dont want to feel like im still in the house.

Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #12

We have a 2011 233S and guess what.. no leaks and we love it. The one time it leaked it was my fault as the canvas was not tucked away properly. Technically it is not canvas either. I grew up tent camping and in a 1972 Jayco Jay King pop up. My folks took us and that pop up all over North America. I bought a pop up, a Coleman, big mistake and thought I wanted a real TT and moved up to a 31 footer. Guess what, I missed the sounds and smells of camping that a tent or pop up brings. We now have a hybrid and we are pleased.

Triguy, is right on so many things but his boat analogy is only accurate so far. Unlike the RV industry, boat manufacturers like Grady White stand behind their products and dealers. I have had a problem here and there with my Grady and the company solved them without hassle to me or my bank account. The marine industry is light years ahead of the RV industry when it comes to companies standing behind their products. In the end I would buy another Roo.

08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #13

Leaks on Bubk Ends

We have a 2013 Roo and have never had an issue with leaks. In all honesty I think the problem is with how you close the ends that causes the leaks. You have to take your time and make sure you don't have any canvas stuck inside the seals. Obviously if you have something stuck somewhere it is not going to cloe tighly and you probably will get a leak. Just take some extra time and I think you will be fine!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #14

We have a 2013 23ss and haven't had any type of leaks yet. It has been in 3 major storms while camping and 5 more while sitting in storage... I agree with take your time and pay attention when closing the beds. My friend just closes the doors on his and doesn't worry about his canvas. Guess what his leaked.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #15

Please don't assume all of us in the "leaky Roo group" don't take care of our Roo's or don't take the time to fold ours up correctly. I am meticulous when closing up our Roo and still had a leak. I close mine up in a way that the canvas I have to move to shut the door is minimal. If this was a user error, why is FR covering the replacement of doors, seals, decals, and the cost of labor?

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #16

I am not saying that's the cause of the leaks at all. With my buddy I think that's the cause of his. You will actually see the canvas hanging out past the seal and door.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #17

I was speaking in general, not to anyone specific. I see this said so many times and I guess it's easy to say when it's not your camper leaking.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #18

One thing I noticed on my 21ss which is almost identical ,is that if you pull the bed off and store it by the stove,it takes a lot of weight off the area,which my help maintain a better seal.just a thought.Sure makes it easier to close too.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
Rockwood reengineered the bunk end doors 2 years ago to solve the leak issues.
I must have missed that memo 'cause I have a 2010 with a water damaged bunk I still like the product, though. Better Engineering on the sealing process and we're good. Remember where the hybrid bunk was when it first came out? Already 100 times better but always room for improvment.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #20

We bought our 2012 23SS and have been very happy with it.

My buddy & I each ordered the same model, same options at the same time from the same dealer.........his bunk ends leaked, mine did not. Why....who knows.

FR replaced his bunk canvas.....and from the countless threads on this forum on the subject, it appears that FR is generally looking after their customers.

I wouldn't let let this dissuade me from buying a new Roo.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote