Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2016, 10:44 PM   #1

Toilet seal ring

Does anyone know where to pick up a new seal ring for the toilet in the Roo (2014 233s).

Mine does not hold water like it should. Yuck.
Marine3038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:08 AM   #2

the seal in the toilet? or the seal between the toilet the the pipe to the black water tank? if its the one in the toilet, they can dry out, add a cup of vegetable oil and let it sit, if it drains out add some more. the oil will help recondition the seal, saving you the time and money of replacing it... it helps to add the oil if it's going to sit unused for a length of time. it also helps to keep the p traps in the sinks and showers from going dry and venting odors into the camper.
poorbuthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:00 AM   #3

Sometimes.....like I did.....turn water off so it will not flush.....depress the pedal or push the ball down by hand and use a dab of vaseoline on your finger and rub it around the seal(rubber glove on of course!). Mine did that about 2 years ago and have never had a problem since.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #4

Good to know - thanks for sharing
Old 02-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #5

We had that problem and cleaning the seal didn't help. That ball is hinged and turned out one side had popped off. Got it back on and fine since.
(We had a visitor use the facilities who managed to cause the problem - I didn't ask for details).
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
We had that problem and cleaning the seal didn't help. That ball is hinged and turned out one side had popped off. Got it back on and fine since.
(We had a visitor use the facilities who managed to cause the problem - I didn't ask for details).

Too funny!
Old 02-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #7

Ours actually popped out of its install ring area once after the bowl dried out while in storage. Took some gentle nursing (as others have noted with rubber gloves on) to get the seal back into its proper place but I cleaned it off real good before trying. Ever since that "event" I have simply stretched saran wrap across the top of the toilet (under the seat) when I park it for storage in an effort to keep the 1-2" of water in the bowl in place. I keep a large Damp-Rid bucket in the middle of our 233S when stored and I think that was actually drying the toilet water out. Since we came up with the saran wrap idea, I still lose a small amount of water from the bowl due to evaporation and a not perfect seal with the plastic wrap...but I just carry a water jug to "refresh" the bowl level if i stay parked/stored too long. Since we have been keeping water on that ring seal it has not dried out and warped and has remained perfectly in place and sealed against the ball.

Ed & Chris, Empty Nesters (missing Josh & Jaclyn)
along with Blue & Tessa, Cat Explorers!
2020 Rockwood Roo 235s
2019 F-250 Diesel 4x4 Super Duty
ebemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #8

Great feedback - fixed the issue by removing and adding vasoline around the groove. Worked like a charm