Old 03-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #1
Tornado Rinse System - For Both Tanks

Yippee!!! Folks.

FINALLY the weather is starting to cooperate and it appears that Mother Nature in no longer Pi**ed Off at us.

We are all getting the itch to get out there and get her ready for another great season, but we must first continue with our Mods. After all, what's a camper without a few mods now and then?

Anyway, my next idea is to install a "Tornado" rinse system on both the Black and the Gray water tanks. Instead of having two hose inlets, I want to install just one inlet into a valved "Y" and then from the "Y" to each individual tank.

My questions is "Has anyone out there attempted or has accomplished this task"? If so, I would love to hear from you and even a picture or two.

If not, I would like to hear any pros and cons, opinions or assumptions.

Here's to everyone having a SAFE and ENJOYABLE season.

Live, so that when your children hear the words Ethics, Trust, Integrity and Honor, they think of YOU!
2015 Shamrock 23 IKSS Pushing a 2015 Durango R/T. Yeah, it's a Hemi
Nights Camped - 2013/17 - 2014/24 - 2015/22 - 2016/Pending

USMC - Semper Fi
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
Have used tornado cleanouts but never for a grey tank. Grey tank typically only has waste water (soap) from sinks and showers etc. and maybe an occasional corn kernel from the kitchen sink may enter. Can't see the need for a grey tank clean out, just the occasional additive to keep valve operating smoothly and maybe some bleach. Each to their own though. "Y" sounds plausible.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #3

Just a little tidbit for anyone thinking of installing this. I cannot find the thread that mentioned to hook this up to the water hose and ensure it works before going through the installation process but once again this thread proves to be invaluable. Had everything ready to go and decided that was good advice. Low and behold, Dead. No spinning action what so ever, just water squirting out the holes. So, The long and short is if you are going to go through this process take a second or two and just ensure its doing what it suppose to. Once its in the tank your just hoping its doing its job.
Purdyquibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #4
They don't sound very reliable. If it won't work brand new, why should it be expected to work after installed & it gets a little dirty. Think I'll just continue to use the "GEO method", nothing to break & works very well.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
I agree with Bubbles don't see a need to put one in the grey tank, I put one in about a year and a half ago it works well. I put a hose coupling in the side of the trailer just above the tank attached to it just hook a hose up and makes dumping the tank a breeze
2009 Forest River Shamrock (Hibrid) towed with 2004 Silverado Z71 Also haul a 94 Club Car DS with us
DD1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #6
Tornado Rinse System - For Both Tanks

I did both tanks for the reason I never know if somebody washed ant type of food down the drain I feel much better that I rinsed tanks out completely.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

keven is offline   Reply With Quote