Old 06-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Trouble with locking TV mount

We have a 2013 Roo 19 and are finding it almost impossible to get the TV bracket into the locked position. Everything lines up but it just doesn't want to lock. When we had our Demo the guy seemed to have a little trouble with it. My husband has been able to lock it and unlock it once so far with great difficulty. We finally just used a cable tie on our return trip this weekend. Is anyone else having trouble or is there a trick to doing this?

dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
The TV mount in our 2013 233S is also very stiff and tight. I pushed it in as far as I felt comfortable with and left it at that. With it like that, it stayed put over a 800 mile trip. I'm more afraid at the amount of pressure I'm putting on the flat screen trying to get the mount to "pop" into the locked position. Either the force being applied or the "jolt" of when it does pop in seems like it could do damage to the TV. If I could apply pressure over the entire face of the TV then I would feel better.

Mark, Jenny, Adam & Lucy
2013 Rockwood Roo 233S
2015.5 Silverado 2500HD CCSB with Duramax/Allison
BeagleIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
What brand of mount? Pics? That might help.

If you visit an RV show, you will see that there are a couple of locking mounts that are currently being used - Mor/Ryde and Moview. They look too complex to me and possibly prone to problems. (Too many parts to jam or fail).

One problem with any articulating mount is that often there is too much play in the joints. You can tighten them but you can't always adjust the excess play out. There can simply be too much tolerance between the parts. When you extend the TV out, the weight of it puts a lot of extra force on the arm and can put things out of alignment. So when you go to lock it down, parts don't line up. Double arm mounts are better in this respect.

You may even notice that you can have your TV levelled in the retracted position, but when it is fully extended, it will no longer be level. Even more so if you rotate the TV much at the same time. Can be quite annoying.

Personally, I would not use any of the locking mounts out there. Think of the damage that could happen if the mount became unlocked during transit. You really can't go wrong with a couple of Velcro straps/clips. Simple, low cost and effective. Just make sure to attach the straps before travelling.

You could always defeat the locking mechanism and add Velcro straps to what you have. By a large margin, most RVs being sold today with TVs already in them are using Velcro straps.
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
Ours doesn't lock into place with ease either. I am afraid to push too hard. During our demo the guy showed us with no problem as well. I simply push it as close back as I can and ours doesn't move around during travel.

Nights Camped in 2012 - 88
2012 Puma 31 KBH
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
tolley31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
There are two brackets. If you just get one to "latch" you'll be OK.
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
Don't have 2 Brackets

No-we have only one bracket. So if it's not locked into that one-it's not locked!
dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #7
Mine is also difficult, but it can be done. Too many wires and such behind there to make getting a good grip easy. I have two locking points on my 19 though. They are just plastic c-clasps that the criss-cross mount bars slip into as the TV is pushed back flush with the side of fridge wall. Not sure if yours is same mount type. I'll try to get some pics and post'em for you.
TV: '15 Ram 6.4 Hemi CC 4x4
Old TT: '12 Rockwood Roo 19 (sold)
New TT: '14 CR Sunset Trail 290QB
WD: Equalizer 1200/12K
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Mine works easy, nice and loose, locks right in! But on my 233S I moved the shelf to in front of my sink, to create more counter space, h is a bit lacking in the 233S. I have pictures of the mod
jbdbsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
Mine is the same way I gave up.
2014 23RS Roo
2003 Ford Expedition
2014 Camping Nights = 22
2014 Rain Days = 3 Snow Days = 0
patkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
I have a 21ssl and it also has the plastic locking c clip for the tv to lock into. I've found that putting a little Vaseline onto the anchor point (snapping piece) helps out alot. Also when you go to snap it into place, use both hands positioned on the top and bottom of the tv, compared to pushing on the opposing sides.

Hope this helps.

sirbob is offline   Reply With Quote

tv mount