Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #1

Tv on wall

We just got our new 2013 shamrock 233s home, can't wait to camp with it this weekend!! I have a few questions, there is a sticker on the wall in the left side of the fridge that says TV backer. I asked my dealership how much weight it could hold and they were not sure, and I asked them how long of screw should go in it and they told me whatever comes with the mount kit, so if anyone has any input on this I'd appreciate it. I am also looking into a swivel mount that is very small that the camper store sells or should I get the flat mount with the v shape bracket that slides in it, this one also comes with the outdoor mount too, now I know the new Roos have a tv mount outside, is there any specific spot to mount a tv bracket outside or and screw length or whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by urocav2001 View Post
We just got our new 2013 shamrock 233s home, can't wait to camp with it this weekend!! I have a few questions, there is a sticker on the wall in the left side of the fridge that says TV backer. I asked my dealership how much weight it could hold and they were not sure, and I asked them how long of screw should go in it and they told me whatever comes with the mount kit, so if anyone has any input on this I'd appreciate it. I am also looking into a swivel mount that is very small that the camper store sells or should I get the flat mount with the v shape bracket that slides in it, this one also comes with the outdoor mount too, now I know the new Roos have a tv mount outside, is there any specific spot to mount a tv bracket outside or and screw length or whatever. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
I got a great swing-out, locks-in-place-when-pushed-back-against-the-wall mount at www.wayfair.com.

We had a 22" LCD mounted on the wall of our last Rockwood and the same size TV mounted on the bedroom wall of this tt. I used 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" wood screws to fasten the mount to the "TV backer" spot on the wall.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post

I got a great swing-out, locks-in-place-when-pushed-back-against-the-wall mount at www.wayfair.com.

We had a 22" LCD mounted on the wall of our last Rockwood and the same size TV mounted on the bedroom wall of this tt. I used 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" wood screws to fasten the mount to the "TV backer" spot on the wall.
Do you have a item number or product info or anything for this mount?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Do you have a item number or product info or anything for this mount?
Part #: 404L

SKU #: MSMT1003 Master Mounts LCD Locking Cantilever Mount

http://www.wayfair.com/Master-Mounts...-MSMT1003.html

Here 'ya go!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
Always Learning

Sweet, thanks! I want to get something for our bunkhouse- just haven't decided what yet. That looks very similar to what Camping World sells.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #6

Ok thanks do you have any pics of where you mounted it far right or far left and appx how high, prob different for all campers though, the one at great outdoors Rv is like 40.00 it's very small and lightweight, that one is very nice too cause it locks ill have to look into the 40.00 I assume the wall will hold a 10lb TV if it held a 22". How about a v bracket mount for outside I can just slide TV in and take it out when necessary?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Ok thanks do you have any pics of where you mounted it far right or far left and appx how high, prob different for all campers though, the one at great outdoors Rv is like 40.00 it's very small and lightweight, that one is very nice too cause it locks ill have to look into the 40.00 I assume the wall will hold a 10lb TV if it held a 22". How about a v bracket mount for outside I can just slide TV in and take it out when necessary?
On our Windjammer, the TV mounts on the wall at the side of the bed, so a swing-out-arm was a must. This one is very easy to get the TV off of the mount...just loosen two thumbscrews and it is off. I haven't given any thought to how I would mount it outside, except I wouldn't want to drill any holes outside. Might be easier just to put the base back on the TV and stand it on the little shelf that attaches right next to the bbq. IMHO, the locks-in-place-when-closed feature is a must for travelling.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #8

Quote:
I mounted it right on the spot where the factory put the "TV BACKER" sticker on the wall in the bedroom. The electric and cable connections for the bedroom TV are mounted in the ceiling, and the top of the TV is probably 3 - 4" from the ceiling.

Our living room TV, a 32", was mounted by the factory.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #9

I would mount it exactly where the sticker is plus do not try screw into the wall outside an area of about 4x4". I could explain how I know.... I am pretty sure they typically use sheet steel as a backer (except on cabinetry), but I could be wrong. As stated, use the screws that came with the mount as long as they are NOT more than 1" long (or you could end up with holes on the exterior). They may not be self-tapping so it might help to drill a small pilot hole of say 1/16", but be very careful to only go in far enough to penetrate the sheet metal backer. Wrapping a little tape on the drill as a depth gauge will help.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #10

I got it mounted. Thanks for all the info.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #11

Pictures please? My Roo 233s has that same sticker.
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #12

Yes pictures would be awesome
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #13

I have put the TT back in storage so I can't take pics. There is not much to take pics of though. You can pretty much feel where the TV backer is by pressing on the wall. The walls are pretty thin in my Rockwood but pretty much the same in most TT's. You can feel the backer where the wall does not push in. It is usually between to studs. You can find the studs the same way but the studs run the full height of the wall.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #14

Sounds good, I will look into that!
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #15

Ok my TV backer label feels hollow but about two feet higher feels firm but not very firm

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock