Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #1

Update on my 233s FR repairs - long

If you haven't seen the original thread and the details behind this update...search: Frustrated-Need Some Advice, Please

Happy holiday weekend!

Been swamped this past week, so just now getting around to my update on my 2011/2013 233s…I call it my "hybrid" hybrid Below is a list of some of what was done at FR…btw, a BIG SHOUT OUT to Gregg Rollins and the FR crew for all the hard work! Warning…this is extremely long, but I figured details were necessary to appropriately display the amount of work they put into my Roo.

Replaced the slide-out actuation system and motor. Almost made it back from FR without it as they couldn't find a problem. However, they added some weight to the slide and it wouldn't come in. New system seems to be working fine so far (only 1 trip) but I can tell a huge difference in the power and torque in the upgrade.

Replaced all three bunks with the latest design…permanently attached canvas and the new bunk doors (which I believe are several inches larger than the old ones). To make them work with the 2011, a few modifications had to be made..and you know we like mods The lower cabinets on the rear of the unit below the bunks had to be lowered for the new door style. Instead of just "ripping" it down on a table saw, the cabinets are newly face-framed to make sure it looked right. I like the ease of setup and teardown, but will say I had no issues with the bungees, velcro and snaps…after several popups, no big deal. The camper has not seen any rain since it came home, so no leak test, yet.

Replaced the Concertone Z75 with the new Genesis GT2.0. Have not tested the DVD yet, but the radio has been flawless and the bluetooth feature is pretty nifty. Hopefully their (Concertone) product reliability has grown a little. We shall see.

Replaced the wobbly table legs with the newest version. Now I had the same design, the dark brown ones that open in the z-fashion…but these are much more stable. I think there was a welded brace missing on my other one.

Think they added a new seal to my entry door as I was getting water behind it when I washed it. Unfortunately, I found out last night that it didn't work. Sprayed the door and water trickled down behind it again. I will call FR today to see what else can be done.

Now…on to those things that were "extras"…

One BIG extra is my new rear wall…yep whole wall replaced. The tech told me that he noticed it was delaminating and didn't want to let it go back to me like that. It was not from a leak, but from what he called a bad batch of luan that had issues. Keep an eye on yours, everyone. I never noticed it. Two small issues with the new rear wall/bunk…the bunk actually rests on the spare tire. Gonna need to lower tire carrier by about an inch or two to be safe. Also, the rear storage door now does not open fully and lock like it did before. It opens up and hits the bunk door. Not a big deal, just a change from before.

The tech also added a backer board on the wall (behind the TV shelf) for a TV mount. I was told it was 1/2" (I prob would have put 3/4"…but it matches the camper cabinets so it looks like it belongs.

All windows, trim, etc. has been re-caulked and the roof checked and sealed. Saves me a bit of time Now being the picky person I am, I would have liked a better job on the "caulk" or Dicor job where the new wall was installed. I know, it's the top of the camper that you can't see, just being picky…as long as there are no leaks, everything's good.

Also changed out my deadbolt as they were having trouble getting it to work properly. Not something on my list, just another thing they found.

I'm sure I'm missing something…oh yeah, the new FR sticker they put on to replace my peeling one But again, I have to yell from the rooftops that I'm extremely impressed with the service I received. I want to say they went above and beyond…and kinda feel they did…but after talking extensively with Gregg Rollins in person, I truly believe that FR just wants to make things right whenever they can. Only time will tell, but for now, I am a happy camper! Thanks again to Gregg Rollins and the FR gang!

Hopefully, some pics to follow soon!

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
Wanna Be Camper

Glad to see things are working out well and FR is looking after you. Seems once units make it back to the factory they get a pretty thorough going over.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

That's great news for you

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s