Old 08-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
Originally Posted by karrun View Post
Our dealer told us to not use the slideout when it was in during our PDI. I asked here and the general consensus was to not step on the edge of the SO when it was retracted.
No weight when SO is in closed position?
The tech at my dealer said the same thing. He did say once in a while or just retrieving something should be ok.

2012 Forest River Wildcat 313RE
2012 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
Demco Hijacker 18K Autoslide Hitch
BAK Roll-X Tonneau Cover
ACE110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 PM   #12
We've overnight end in both Walmart and Cracker Barrel, after checking with the manager, this summer. We go to the back of the parking lot, next to a curb or grassy median so we are out of the way and have an area to walk the dog. We put our slide out and open the front bed as it can be opened while hitched to the truck. We crank down the stabilizers to take out the wiggle. We've had no problems with anything. My biggest concern has been how long the battery will last. We're back on the road by 8 in the morning. Tried staying at a TA off of I-81 in TN one time. It was too noisy and too bright. Neither my DH or I got any sleep. Made for a very long day when we pulled out.

Ncgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #13

Our unit is a 2006. We have never been told by anyone not to use the slides while in...I would check with an actual Forest River rep. These units are built to be used, and would make no sense to not be able to walk on slide out while in. We certainly use ours while in when we stop for a lunch break, etc.
We have stayed in many Wal-marts, Cabellas, etc. Use common sense, ask where the preferred parking is and like mentioned, park along the side of the lot or next to islands and feel free to put out slides. We have never been hassled by anyone about having them out, or felt in danger of someone hitting them. In Canada and Alaska there are whole communities of Wal-mart campers - people are there for a week at a time!

frogsandhogs is offline   Reply With Quote

slide, slide out