Old 06-24-2015, 07:34 PM   #41

Same here RooVader.

I think there is a picture somewhere on the PUG site that shows the shorter panel draping nicely over the curve of the bunk end. The pics I posted show the same fit, so pretty sure that is the way they are meant to go. Kinda cool fit, as on our 233S the front bunk is a different size than the side and end bunks, and all three fit very well.

I know it has been said before, but what a great product being sold by a terrific guy with excellent customer service. Not sure I mentioned that when I ordered mine, he called me to make sure I was getting what I needed, saying 'With an order to Canada we just want to confirm details as we know it is a pain for you to send them back'. pretty cool!

We will be testing ours for the first time this weekend. Dog agility competition, which involves dry camping in an open treeless field with who knows how many dogs, bright sunny weather over 90 degrees predicted, and always the potential for very impressive plough winds off the Rockies. As we always say, 'What could possibly go wrong?'.

Cheers! HTH

Stu

2011 Ford Econoline Club Wagon
stugilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:01 PM   #42

Do you also have reflectix for the windows? They will make a huge improvement if you're baking in the sun. PUGS and reflectix go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 08:44 PM   #43

Yup, did the Reflectix job last week. We will see how it goes. Hoping I am not starting a thread next week asking 'how big a generator do I need to run the A/C'. I have also installed additional 12v power points at each bunk for additional fans.

Stu
Old 06-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #44

Ok, I feel dumb but still not sure I get it. When you say it curves nicely over the bunk end do you mean the closely spaced bungies are away from the camper and draped over the end of the bunk? In other words, add my Velcro to the side spaced further?

I will check the site...sorry, just feel like I am hearing both ways.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
i did indeed remove the bungee from the end that has the sewn on velcro. It seemed to fit better and didn't pull the tent down at the bunk end. I've had no problems with the velcroed end coming loose even in storms and winds.

Nice photos of your setup!

Jim
I may do this also. I question the need to have a bungee cord sewn in so close to the velcro attachment area.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Ok, I feel dumb but still not sure I get it. When you say it curves nicely over the bunk end do you mean the closely spaced bungies are away from the camper and draped over the end of the bunk? In other words, add my Velcro to the side spaced further?

Yes to both questions RooVader. Pictures of my install on the third page of this thread might help.

HTH

Stu
Old 06-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post

Sorry for the confusion RooVader. If I look at the photo on the PUG website of the new SHWS pug, it appears that the narrow end is at the bunk end. We have ours opposite, sewed our velcro to the end with the wide distance between the bungee cords. Sounds like ours is the same as what Stu did to his.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 07:56 AM   #48

Thanks all! Perfect.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:05 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
Do you also have reflectix for the windows? They will make a huge improvement if you're baking in the sun. PUGS and reflectix go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
X eleventy!
I'm surprised that I don't see many hybrids or popups here in Mi with the PUG's or reflectix. We're out camping for couple of days at Metamora Hadley sp. Just had a lady in an older Roo 233ss ask us what those silver things were for on our bunk ends!
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #50

I agree...I have never seen them in all my years of camping, yet those of us on this forum all sing their praises.

I did see a Sapphire IKSS Roo in my neighborhood last night on a walk. First one I have seen not on a dealers lot or in my driveway.

Tags
pop up