Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #1

VNose Roo

I made this floorplan out of a 17 roo. I used a couple of other floorplans to make this one. What do you guys think? Yes I did see a recent trailer with the vnose for the idea but it was 29ft.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17 foot vnose.JPG
Views:	255
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1341  

Bduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Wow !!!, you could sleep a small army in there. Have you thought of submitting it to a manufacturer? Since the market is really leaning toward units with bunks this fits right in with todays designs. Quite a bit of room in a compact unit. Great Job!!!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nice drawing, but I have a question. How much height stagger do you have on the front bunks? Looks like you may have trouble trying to get them to close according to the dimensions. Can't see how they're going to miss each other and the cabinetry. Also looks like the rear bed is going to have to slide in thru the shower and bath area. Looks like it may run over the refer too. Neat idea, but what does it look like ready for travel?
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #4

Nice floor plan, There may be a future for you at Forestriver.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #5

It is a ruff drawing. The front bunks will work because i saw them on another trailer and those are the dimmensions. Even though it appears to be at a 45* angle it is actually more like 35*. Here is another with some ad ons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17 foot vnose.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1344  

Bduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
Nice drawing, but I have a question. How much height stagger do you have on the front bunks? Looks like you may have trouble trying to get them to close according to the dimensions. Can't see how they're going to miss each other and the cabinetry. Also looks like the rear bed is going to have to slide in thru the shower and bath area. Looks like it may run over the refer too. Neat idea, but what does it look like ready for travel?

it's a hybrid setup, not a bed-slide setup. meaning the beds fold out like a tailgate and canvas is pulled over the platform. so none of the beds come inside, they simply fold up and the mattresses are vertical.
so, when they are folded out, it's a travel trailer with popup-like beds.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Newb

I'd buy one! Too cool.
PattiPatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:56 PM   #8

Love the design. Just one question. Would'nt there be a "step up" under the front bunks flooring for the propane tanks and battery? How much would this reduce floor to ceiling height? Internal access for tank swaps? External venting? Also, has there been any studys done on how much v-noses increase fuel economy? I'm assuming this is the purpose of the design. Ok, I guess that was more than one question, just thinking out loud.
b-d_campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 PM   #9

Hey bdeuce...looks pretty cool! i like the 2102 Windjammer by Rockwood too. It looks like it packs a lot in a small package. I've seen other trailers like your design as well, and wonder if water intrusion would be a problem at the front if traveling thru a heavy rain. Forest River definitely has a leg up when it comes to innovative floorplans!
ncrockman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo