Old 03-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
Warranty problems

Hi there new to the forum but wondering if anyone knows what FR's defination of warranty means and what is an appropriate fix to an issue. I feel that my 233s roo is an amazing trailer but the bed latches are pulling out of the walls of the trailer it's all 3 beds that this is happening to. We have had a few other problems with the trailer in the first year. We were not getting any info from our dealer so we went to the local RV show and talked to the manufacture rep to find out that the warranty fix was to drill holes through the trailer and install carrage bolts and a nut in the interior of the trailer. Don't really feel that this is in any way a fix they have destroyed the look and resale value of the trailer and this has been six months now with out my trailer and disappointment with my purchase. If this was my car and the dealer drilled through the hood of my car and put bolts and nuts to fix my hood latch I would not accept it as much as this fix.
Thanks for listening
Nick halifax ns

Nickicampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
Welcome to the forum! Most of us have had warranty issues at one time or another on our RV like yourself. The challenge is the steep learning curve it takes to understand how to interact with the dealers and manufactures of our newfound purchase. Bottom line: If you are not happy with a repair to your RV then don't settle for less. Coming to the forum is the 1st step; next, let's see what other ROO owners have done in your situation to help guide you through this maintenance repair dilemma. I'm sure they will chime in...

Again, welcome to the forum!

2016 Days Camping so Far: 24
2013 3051S Forester
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
you must keep in mind that trailers are designed to be lightweight. If they build everything to last forever, we wouldn't be able to tow them without a semi truck. Sometimes, when something doesn't hold up, the only way to fix is to improve, and sometimes that may change the original appearance. Replacing with the same light duty failed part would not be a fix.
David & Lynn
2014 Coachmen Chaparral Signature 327 RLKS
2016 Ford F350 Lariat CC Dually
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #4
Last fall I noticed that one latch on our rear bunk was pulling away from the wall a little. We took it back to the dealer for a few minor issues, and this was the only one that really concerned me. They took the latch off and re-mounted it. I didn't get a chance to ask the tech what exactly he did to it, but it is in the same spot, but had fresh Dicor sealant anround it. My guess is they used longer screws and/or shifted the location slightly and drilled new holes. Seems solid, but I will keep a very close eye on it to see if holds. I figure the good part is they now have a paper trail that this was an issue. The repair tech said it was no big issue to fix when I showed it to him, but I never saw after he fixed it to get the details.

I know having the nuts exposed on the inside isn't ideal, but it would be a solid fix. I'm not sure what other options there are. There is only so much solid material in the wall for them to anchor to. Maybe they can take a shot at re-attaching the latches with the lag screws before going the carriage bolt route.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote