Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #1
Warranty Work time frame

I am starting to think that a whole bunch of smoke is being blown, well you know. My camper has been at the local Forest River dealer for a month and a half. The service writer I am dealing with said that most of the items on the list are in a "pending status" with Forest River. Has anyone else experience this with Forest River claims for warranty work? I have not decided if the dealership is throwing Forest River under the bus or if Forest River is this bad. Waiting on parts to arrive is one thing but to have a claim not approved since July 15th is a little annoying.

Thanks Everybody!

2015 Roo 23IKSS
TV: 2004 GMC Sierra
BMFLYFISH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
I have my 2304KS in for warranty work and the dealer told me yesterday when I called they just received approval from FR. It took 8 work days according to when I dropped the trailer off. Not sure if the dealer was slow in submitting the paperwork to FR or if FR took that long. The only major item that needs to be done is a replacement counter top, and the dealer ordered it before I even purchased the TT, and they told me yesterday the one they received from FR is wrong. We will see how long it takes to get the correct one from FR.

2016 Rockwood 2304KS Mini Lite
2015 Dodge Durango R/T AWD
Equalizer Anti Sway Hitch
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
Moderators' Assistant
there are hundreds of posts like yours, where the dealer is blaming the manufacturer for delays.

many have called the manufacturer, only to find out that the dealer hasn't even ordered the parts.
dealers wait until they can get a large enough parts order, to save on shipping costs.
it's easy for them to throw the manufacturer under the bus, because they know that most customers will believe it.
that way they can deflect customer anger/frustration away from them.

i suggest you call FR parts dept. and find out if the dealer actually submitted an order for your parts.
and do a search on the subject, you'll find that many have discovered that it's the dealer at fault.

by the way, did you buy your Roo from this local dealer? if not, you probably have been put at the back of the line.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #4
We had our trailer in 3 times for warranty items. Never took over a week for the dealer to get approvals. The last time we took it in, it was 3 days before a scheduled trip and the dealer had approval in one day, had the work done the next day (no FR pats were needed). But, I have noticed the dealer has a very good process. Service writer details all the issues, tech takes pictures when looking at the issues, then they have a manager in the office download all the pictures, write it up and submit it. Everything we had the dealer submit was approved, including a couple that seemed like FR could have denied if they wanted to be difficult.

I would suspect the warranty dept at FR may have bad days or get backed up, but I don't know why in the world they would sit on a request for 6 weeks. I think most of the issues are with the dealers not getting things in or not documenting things adequately.

Unless it is some major issue that could be thousands of dollars, I don't see any reason why your dealer wouldn't have an answer in a few days if they submitted the requests properly.

2005 F-150 FX4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
No logical, reasonable reason for repair to take that long, let alone the approval process. I am assuming that the repair claim is legitimate and you bought from this dealer. If those assumptions were true, no doubt the dealer has dropped the ball. It is important to shop for the dealer as well as the camper itself. x2 on calling Forest River direct. Then you will know for sure.
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #6
I waited 6 weeks for a approval on bath fan and sink faucet, Cw, said need part number to order per FR. Fr had to had to supply part numbers so dealer could order. Both shift blame back an forth,
wrt111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #7
We were told FR is not timely in responding but they did respond in less than a week and the part was ordered and supposedly arrive next week. This is fine this time as it gives us time to get some upgrades done while it is in the shop.

I received a letter after purchasing from Parts & Service and was told if our rig was in the shop for greater than 5 business days to contact FR.

The email was: (I see yours is a trailer? May need another email address then, mine is a forester)

of course I haven't yet had to use either of these to contact them so they may be defunct.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #8
We have had some minor warranty work done on our Rockwood 5 er and but it only took about 2 weeks to get the parts and the dealer did the repairs when the parts came in and while I waited for the repairs to be done . The dealer that you buy your TT from makes all the differance in the world .
2013 Silverado extended cab 4x4 1500 Series
camping baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #9
Warranty Work time frame

Just recently had an issue with my dealer and a hydraulic line on my Forester. The dealer said that Forest River was not approving the repair after a couple of weeks. I had a long trip scheduled and needed the repairs done. After talking to Brian and the service manager at Forest River the claim had never been sent in. Within 24 hours of my call, the hose line was made up locally and replaced. Forest River came across. The dealer was apparently the culprit.
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #10
So what happens to the dealer that lies about submitting claims? Does FR slap thier hands or shake thier heads and ignore it? Seems like a lot of that bs going around with dealers.

trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote

frame, warranty