Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 AM   #1

Warranty Work time frame

I am starting to think that a whole bunch of smoke is being blown, well you know. My camper has been at the local Forest River dealer for a month and a half. The service writer I am dealing with said that most of the items on the list are in a "pending status" with Forest River. Has anyone else experience this with Forest River claims for warranty work? I have not decided if the dealership is throwing Forest River under the bus or if Forest River is this bad. Waiting on parts to arrive is one thing but to have a claim not approved since July 15th is a little annoying.

2015 Roo 23IKSS
TV: 2004 GMC Sierra
BMFLYFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #2

I have my 2304KS in for warranty work and the dealer told me yesterday when I called they just received approval from FR. It took 8 work days according to when I dropped the trailer off. Not sure if the dealer was slow in submitting the paperwork to FR or if FR took that long. The only major item that needs to be done is a replacement counter top, and the dealer ordered it before I even purchased the TT, and they told me yesterday the one they received from FR is wrong. We will see how long it takes to get the correct one from FR.
bailer6334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
Site Team

there are hundreds of posts like yours, where the dealer is blaming the manufacturer for delays.

many have called the manufacturer, only to find out that the dealer hasn't even ordered the parts.
dealers wait until they can get a large enough parts order, to save on shipping costs.
it's easy for them to throw the manufacturer under the bus, because they know that most customers will believe it.
that way they can deflect customer anger/frustration away from them.

i suggest you call FR parts dept. and find out if the dealer actually submitted an order for your parts.
and do a search on the subject, you'll find that many have discovered that it's the dealer at fault.

by the way, did you buy your Roo from this local dealer? if not, you probably have been put at the back of the line.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 08:23 AM   #4

We had our trailer in 3 times for warranty items. Never took over a week for the dealer to get approvals. The last time we took it in, it was 3 days before a scheduled trip and the dealer had approval in one day, had the work done the next day (no FR pats were needed). But, I have noticed the dealer has a very good process. Service writer details all the issues, tech takes pictures when looking at the issues, then they have a manager in the office download all the pictures, write it up and submit it. Everything we had the dealer submit was approved, including a couple that seemed like FR could have denied if they wanted to be difficult.

I would suspect the warranty dept at FR may have bad days or get backed up, but I don't know why in the world they would sit on a request for 6 weeks. I think most of the issues are with the dealers not getting things in or not documenting things adequately.

Unless it is some major issue that could be thousands of dollars, I don't see any reason why your dealer wouldn't have an answer in a few days if they submitted the requests properly.

2022 Columbus 379MBC (Previous 2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS)
2023 F-350 (Previous 2017 F250, 2005 F-150)
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #5

No logical, reasonable reason for repair to take that long, let alone the approval process. I am assuming that the repair claim is legitimate and you bought from this dealer. If those assumptions were true, no doubt the dealer has dropped the ball. It is important to shop for the dealer as well as the camper itself. x2 on calling Forest River direct. Then you will know for sure.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #6

I waited 6 weeks for a approval on bath fan and sink faucet, Cw, said need part number to order per FR. Fr had to had to supply part numbers so dealer could order. Both shift blame back an forth,
wrt111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #7

We were told FR is not timely in responding but they did respond in less than a week and the part was ordered and supposedly arrive next week. This is fine this time as it gives us time to get some upgrades done while it is in the shop.

I received a letter after purchasing from Parts & Service and was told if our rig was in the shop for greater than 5 business days to contact FR.

The email was:

motorizedservice@forestriverinc.com (I see yours is a trailer? May need another email address then, mine is a forester)

phone:

574-206-7600

of course I haven't yet had to use either of these to contact them so they may be defunct.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #8

We have had some minor warranty work done on our Rockwood 5 er and but it only took about 2 weeks to get the parts and the dealer did the repairs when the parts came in and while I waited for the repairs to be done . The dealer that you buy your TT from makes all the differance in the world .
Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 PM   #9

Warranty Work time frame

Just recently had an issue with my dealer and a hydraulic line on my Forester. The dealer said that Forest River was not approving the repair after a couple of weeks. I had a long trip scheduled and needed the repairs done. After talking to Brian and the service manager at Forest River the claim had never been sent in. Within 24 hours of my call, the hose line was made up locally and replaced. Forest River came across. The dealer was apparently the culprit.
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:54 PM   #10

So what happens to the dealer that lies about submitting claims? Does FR slap thier hands or shake thier heads and ignore it? Seems like a lot of that bs going around with dealers.
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #11

I would have to think not much happens to the dealer because it seems like it's business as usual. However the dealer represents Forest River so in the long run Forest River gets the black eye.
5hfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #12

I know many here have had problems getting work done in a timely manner. I really do feel for you all. There are several cases on FRF that are unbelievably bad & it seems that from what I've read, it is usually a dealer issue. I do realize that FR does drag their feet sometimes in getting parts delivered, but it usually seems to be more of a dealer issue.
That being said, I must give credit to my dealer. They have been very good & timely in the repairs they have done for me. I cannot be more pleased with their service. I guess I've been very lucky. I do wish all of having problems good luck.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 10:28 PM   #13
Site Team

let's remember the RV industry and its dealers operate WAY differently, than the Auto industry and their dealers.

people often compare the two and they couldn't be more different.
as i always say, the only things the two industries have in common, is that they both sell things with wheels, at dealerships.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 09-08-2015, 04:20 PM   #14

I have been on vacation since my original post and have just read the responses today. But to answer the questions asked, I did not buy this camper from this dealership. I am using the local Camping World dealership. I decide to use them for a number of reasons, but I think that with recent changes in management that the ball just got dropped. As usual thanks for all the input.

2015 Roo 23IKSS
Old 09-08-2015, 05:28 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMFLYFISH View Post
But to answer the questions asked, I did not buy this camper from this dealership. I am using the local Camping World dealership.
then you have to expect that they're not going to do things at a normal rate.
they are under no obligation to speed you through, like they would for those that bought from them.

i bought my Roo from a Midwest dealer 2000 miles away.
when i got back to California, FR got me a number of local dealers willing to do the warranty work. but i knew that i wouldn't be a priority.

i just waited til we were done camping and took it to them right before winter.
i told them that i was in no hurry.
so i got free storage during the winter and got it back right before spring.
did this for 3 winters.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
then you have to expect that they're not going to do things at a normal rate.
they are under no obligation to speed you through, like they would for those that bought from them.

i bought my Roo from a Midwest dealer 2000 miles away.
when i got back to California, FR got me a number of local dealers willing to do the warranty work. but i knew that i wouldn't be a priority.

i just waited til we were done camping and took it to them right before winter.
i told them that i was in no hurry.
so i got free storage during the winter and got it back right before spring.
did this for 3 winters.
I bought my camper out of Orlando, Florida. I chose Camping World for the one reason that they are twenty miles away from my house and I really appreciated that they also took the extra step of contacting the mattress manufacturer to get my mattress replaced under warranty after FR originally denied the claim. I would also think that since warranties are for a limited time that they would give good service so when that customer becomes a cash paying customer, they would want to come back, regardless of where the camper was bought. Especially since they are not the only game in town.

I took my camper in sometime around the 12th of July. I spoke to Forest River today and Forest Rover told me that the claims was not submitted until the 29th of August, they responded back to the dealership on the 31st and are waiting for pictures of the warranty items. So either Forest River is throwing the dealership under the bus or Camping World service is throwing FR under bus. Either way I am being LIED to from someone and I am suspecting the dealership. All I want is the truth and I will be the most patience and understanding customer they have ever had, but now I have to become that squeaky wheel. It is now GAME ON!

2015 Roo 23IKSS
Old 09-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #17
Georgia Rally Coordinator

From other post I've read CW is not going to be in any hurry to repair your unit due to you purchasing else where. You are put on the back burner and put the up front buyers ahead of you. Your choice to use them and now you wait. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #18

Update:

Not long after my last post I got a phone call from a total different service person at Camping World. I am not going to get into the details about the conversation I had with him, but the original service writer has just been plain HORRIBLE. The person I am with now has communicated with me properly, regularly and everything on my warranty list has been approved and the parts are on order. I am going to go pick it up sometime this weekend get it ready for a camping trip next weekend and then I will take it back to them when the parts come in.

2015 Roo 23IKSS
Old 10-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #19
Site Team

good news, sounds like CW is getting their act together.
hopefully this all will get resolved and you can get back to camping.

thanks for the update.

Tags
frame, warranty