Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #11

The service manager was very pleasant in person, when we dropped our camper off about two weeks ago. It might be possible he comes off as a rude individual on the phone or just had a bad experience with another customer right before my DH called. The actually mechanic was very nice and sounded like he knew exactly what the problems were and simply said he would just replace anything not working right. We were on vacation last weekend to TN and planned on picking the TT up this Saturday. We got in with enough time on Monday to drive the additional hour to the dealer to pick our TT up early (they already called and said it was done middle of week before). We get there they bring it around to us we hook up and the electric brakes wouldn't come on. Naturally this is the mechanics day off. So we had to leave it there drive another hour home. Yesterday they called and said a wire was crossed when they replaced the plug for light & brakes (original plug was too big & tight for our Tahoe). So last night we wasted another two hours picking it up. Thank goodness it worked fine this time. Can't wait to test it out this weekend.

Nights Camped in 2012 - 88
2012 Puma 31 KBH
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
tolley31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to hear everything worked out!

Some people are just very poor communicators on the phone or by email but can be great when in person. Still, a service manager needs to be more well-rounded.

I wish you all the best on your first trip. Let us know how it goes!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #13

Thank you. I can't wait. We took it once before but had to come home to shower since we didn't have water due to the leaking filter. This will be the first real trip trying out the shower, toilet and dump station. The campground does not have water hookup just electric. How long will the water tank last 2 adults and 2 small children? We are only staying 2 nights so I don't anticipate any problems with supply but just curious how long it lasts with showers, using the bathroom and washing dishes. I know it will need to be used sparingly.

Nights Camped in 2012 - 88
2012 Puma 31 KBH
2010 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
tolley31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolley31 View Post
How long will the water tank last 2 adults and 2 small children? We are only staying 2 nights so I don't anticipate any problems with supply but just curious how long it lasts with showers, using the bathroom and washing dishes. I know it will need to be used sparingly.
You should be fine over 2 days.

You've got a 30gl fresh water tank and a 6gl water heater (total 36gls). Make sure that you top off the FW tank to replace the six that went into the heater.

Now that you have full water and are at your site, you are going to learn how long it takes to go through your water. Its really personal.

Our first trip years ago didn't take long to run out of water and that was just the DW and me. We quickly learned to conserve but don't take it to extremes.

We don't use the shower often and prefer to use the camp showers if they are clean. If not, then navy showers in the trailer work well for us. You will have to teach the kids how to do this.

If you run low, its easy to fill a 5 gallon container from a nearby CG faucet for more water.

Since this is just 2 days its not that applicable but the biggest issue for us over longer trips is the gray water tank. You will find that this limits you more. There are ways to extend the GW capacity as well but that's a different topic.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

AS POSTED fill hw tank before you leave so you can top off what went into the hw heater .
I fill my hw heater while I fill my fw tank .