Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #21
phat phrog stunt crew

Originally Posted by trudinator
I win!! We had an additional 16.5 inches of snow last night to add to the 10 or so already on the ground. The camper is buried again. We have 6 foot drifts in our backyard. The snow is so wet that it has a blue tint to it. Extremely heavy. I think it'll take until June to melt.

im sure some of our southern freinds will be more than happy to tell you about their 'winter' camping trips if it makes you feel any better
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #22

This post is turning into something like the old Monty Python bit where they're all trying to one-up each other with how poor they were growing up. "At least you had a house! We had a cardboard box in the middle of the road!"
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
This post is turning into something like the old Monty Python bit where they're all trying to one-up each other with how poor they were growing up. "At least you had a house! We had a cardboard box in the middle of the road!"
How long was the hill you walked UP TO and FROM your one room school house thats what I want to know ?
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #24

I was looking for some place with better weather to escape for a week or so and it looks like even northern Florida is going to be cold for the weekend. Just dreary here in the middle TN area...not enough snow to amount to anything, but too lousy to get out and do much.

So...dreaming, and planning the camping bucket list and waiting for next week and better weather.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #25

Up in the Pacific Northwest in Canada, we are having a rather mild winter this year. We had an insignificant amount of snow this year. Weeds are starting to poke up, the lawn could do with a cut and buds are coming out on some trees.

We did a drive through of our campground last weekend and it was about 10% full. Very nice camping weather actually! Am getting the camping itch already as a result.

We don't get snow anymore around here like we used to when I was a kid in the 50s and 60s. We always got a good dump of snow that was around for days/weeks. I remember it coming up to my knees (mind you I wasn't very tall then) and we got the sleds out every winter. I actually long for a nice stretch of deep snow now.

I do feel though for those who are getting badly affected by bad winter snow and temps. Lets hope the summer doesn't bring any bad droughts this year.