Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #1

Well of course......

Taking the new camper on her maiden voyage in the morning and it's going to rain all day Georgia has been having a drought for some time now and let me plan one weekend and I break it. So if there are any Georgia folks out there "your welcome" and I hope I didn't mess up anyones plans.
On the lighter side the rest of the weekend should be great, a little cool but nice.
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I hope you have a great time anyway !

my 5er is winterized but still not put away in case we get an indian summer here in the midwest !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #3

Having a similar problem in PA: picking up the "new to me" TT tomorrow morning, was planning on a weekend of camping locally, but it's gonna be so cold that the dealer advised me to winterize it. So no water. Then tonight, I get an inch of snow in my yard. WTF?
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #4

Thanks. Just had to vent and horse around a bit. I guess if I have any leaks I'll find them early. There is a bright side.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:51 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

send that snow my way I will give up camping for the weekend to ride my new sled I don't have yet !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #6

We don't know snow. But we are well verse in ice. Sometimes you think you need a crash helmet because of all the falling limbs and power lines.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #7
Site Team

Similar thing happened to me last year after I picked up my TT from the dealership. First it started off with extemely high winds, then one storm after another came in and ended up with expected snow on the way to Calico Ghost Town when I was taking my first trip. Because it happened so many times friends and family started asking if I had camping plans whenever it was suppose to rain. BTW - I live in sunny Southern California.

All of it was well worth the wait too. Good luck and take care!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:50 AM   #8

You must be north Ga, we're not getting anything in the south.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #9

I'm just south of Atlanta at the speedway. We are headed to FDR at Pine Mtn. It looks like the rain may hold off until this afternoon. Now if I can just get the others moving we might make it. Now where is my bucket? I have ice.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #10

North Texas can thank us for the rain they got a few weeks back. We stopped there for a few days during our trip back home (IL to AZ) after picking up our new Roo. Apparently they had not seen rain for more than a month until we showed up...

On the bright side, it afforded us the ability to make sure we had no leaks in our new trailer...

BTW... Stormrider, cool avatar.
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #11

We know the feeling, Stormrider. We've been breaking droughts for 30 years - back when the kids were little and we tent camped! Have a great time with your new TT.

Don and Laura + Roo
Chesapeake, VA
VAlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #12

Do weather folks play video games with thier computers or what? What rain? Were they talking about that 5 min drizzel a little while ago? I think someone is just trying to stress me out. It really has been a nice day and we are learning the ins and outs of the "money pit". Is this really camping? This is nicer than my house!!! I learned today not to set the AC on 55 and walk away. Condensation forms on the return big time. My bad. I also learned that while the tag says your string lights will take 60 watt bulbs you don't really need 60 watt bulbs. The guy's on the space station are probably wondering what the heck the bright glow is on earth. All in all it's been a great day and we'll see what tommorrow holds.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #13

That sounds awesome, enjoy your weekend!
Wife: NY
Me: IL
3 Akitas (RIP D-Dog)
biken201 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expandable, hybrid, shamrock