Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #21

update

Ok contacted Greg and he said to put parafin on the seams to fill the holes if the thread has not swollen enough. Tryed it and it worked a litlle but i put the parafin on when it was cold outside. I redid it yesterday and now waiting for rain.. Went camping this last week over in the Bend Oregon area and came back to see the side out on my Roo 23ss had droped about an 1 1/2 inche on one end, so now have to take it back to the dealer. I am sure Greg is a very busy person but i think he only reads the first two lines in an email. I ask about the slide out in my email (with pictures} and he didnt respond to that. So i guess it will go back again. I looked under and saw where nothing has sliped. I must say if i had to do it again i would most likley say away from Rockwood. only because everytime i take it out i have to drive 2 hours to take it to the dealer for warrenty.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #22

503-831-1200 ask for warrantys

Old 05-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #23

Greg is the warrenty person.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #24

tom t do you have greg the warranty guys e mail address the one posted does not work
thks in advance
Old 06-10-2011, 02:12 AM   #25

grollins@forestriverinc.com is what i used. I hope you have better luck.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #26
kwillmott

contact at Forest River

Hello - I noticed that you mentioned a contact for claims at FR named Greg Rollins, I was going to contact him by email as well. The other person my dealer has given me is Mike Anglemyer. I called and left a message today, emailed but haven't heard back. I have also sent pictures letting them know the dealer said they couldn't do anything and to contact FR.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:21 AM   #27
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwillmott View Post
I have also sent pictures letting them know the dealer said they couldn't do anything and to contact FR.
without a dealer to back you up, you might have a difficult time.
since FR likes to work with their dealers, if you've got one that's not willing to go to bat and advocate for you, you might not get far with FR.
i was lucky to find a local dealer that, even though i didn't buy from them, got FR to cover some things.

i wish you good luck.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:33 PM   #28

TomT Had the same issue with ours. It was leaking at the top of the door when it was closed. There was about a 3/8" gap in the center and the outer edges were tight when closed and latched. It seems that with the weight of 2 adults sleeping on it the door bowes in the middle and then won't seal tight and the water pours in especally when you're driving in the rain.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #29

Well update on the Roo water leak along the lower seams. the Parafin wax helped a little but the bed is still wet after a rain storm. now FR is saying it is more than a year old even though i have been working on this for 6 months. just sent out an email to greg to see what happens.. you might be seeing me go down the road with a sign posted on the front and back of my Roo saying My Roo Leaks! or some thing like that.. i will see what Greg says.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 PM   #30

Update on roo

FR has replace the front tent on my 23ss with no leaks in the seams....now at least the front bed will not get wet. now we have to take it back and have the back tent fixed or replaced. This time it is going to take longer because FR wants the tent sent in first. I am hoping for a good camping season next year. Did not go out much this year.

Tags
23ss, bed