Old 10-30-2011, 08:32 PM   #31

I was told that gas heat will cause moisture inside on the canvas. If you can use a small electric heater, it should cut down on the moister inside. Also, try the silver insulation. It can be bought at lowes. It will cut down on the heat from the mattress to the colder outside canvas. Also, I bought transparent duct tape and have put on the outside seams. It sticks and seems to help. Please let me know if any of these options help you.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #32
Moderators' Assistant

not true, we've had condensation with our ceramic heater, no furnace.
the OP is talking about an issue that is not condensation, it leaks from seams.

there are hundred of posts with fixes for condensation issues.
#1 is PUGs or solar blankets
#2 is air movement with a vent open and a window cracked, with bunk fans being an option.
using Reflectix(the silver stuff) will do very little for condensation, even under the mattress. but will help insulate the bunk ends. PUGs or solar blankets do more than Reflectix.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan
not true, we've had condensation with our ceramic heater, no furnace.
the OP is talking about an issue that is not condensation, it leaks from seams.

there are hundred of posts with fixes for condensation issues.
#1 is PUGs or solar blankets
#2 is air movement with a vent open and a window cracked, with bunk fans being an option.
using Reflectix(the silver stuff) will do very little for condensation, even under the mattress. but will help insulate the bunk ends. PUGs or solar blankets do more than Reflectix.
Tell me about the PUGs. I know nothing about them. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #34
Moderators' Assistant

PUGs are PopupGizmos and they are custom-fitted solar blankets for popups and hybrids. they help retain or reflect heat, help with condensation, provide protection for the canvas from stains and provide darkening for naps or late risers.
they have excellent customer service. you can either do a simple search here on them or Google them.

solar blankets, also known as all-weather blankets or sportsmen blankets, are the generic 5x7 versions of what PUGs are made of. they cost about $14 each and are available from REI, Bass Pro, Cabela's, Campmor and various online retailers.

by the way, do you own a hybrid?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #35

One tent end has all ready been replaced now they are working on the other end. This was a bad seam in the tenting below the widow. The last trip we went on there was 5 people in the trailer with the heat on, raining cats and dogs outside so stupid me did not open anything to vent (should have known better with my last two trailers were popups... lol.. We are thinking of getting something to cover the top vent so rain does not come in... Now just waiting to get my trailer back and winterize it and ready for next year. The crunch is hitting us too so most likely not much camping next year...
Old 12-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #36

UpDate on The Roo leaks

Well the Trailer finally came home after about 4 weeks of getting worked on. Instead of replacing the tent end like they did with the other end they tried to fix it.. Set the trailer up like we were caming and checked it while it was raining. Still getting wet so was told by FR to get it wet two or three times to let the thread swell than check again. This trailer in 1 1/2 years has seen more "camping at the dealership" than camping with us. So tired of this. I dont understand why they did not replace the tent end like they did with the other end. So now have to wait to see if it still is going to leak.
So far the problems that i have had are
Seams front and back door leak. 1 time in, fixed
Air Conditioner leak. 1 time in, fixed
bed ends cloth leak 4 times in to get looked at and still having problems
Furnace would not fire when cold out. 3 times in, bad board, fixed
Doors in side of camper came apart. i fixed
Doors Closer pulled off of the door. I fixed
Slide out droped about 2 inches on one end. 1 time, fixed
Drawers will not stay closed when traveling. i am working on that
Steel bar holding up the fresh water tank bent. Fixed
OH yes than there is the time and gas for the 1 1/2 hour drive to get it to the dealership.
bummer thing is that i really researched the Roo 23ss to fine it one of the best.

NOT seeing that.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #37

Wow...what a story! Seems to me FR just cranks these out knowing they will be fixing or the dealer will be fixing the QC problems. I am an avid hiker/backpacker and perhaps getting liquid some seam seal for tent seams or seam tape used in tents and shell outer wear could be used to solve the problems of the leaks. My roo had the exact same cabinet door issues as yours. This leads me to believe they have a cabinet door issues across all their products not just the Roo.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 PM   #38

I kept my Roo 23SS exactly 6 weeks and traded it in for a new good quality camper.
I had wet bed ends, condensation, water leaks on the ends when in closed position, plus
the final straw was when I got up on the roof, there was a large section of the rubber
membrane separated from the wood, plus there was a small lake on the roof after each
rain. I liked the floor plan, but it is poor quality workmanship. Good luck to those of you
that still own a Roo 23SS .
Old 12-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore405 View Post
I was told that gas heat will cause moisture inside on the canvas. If you can use a small electric heater, it should cut down on the moister inside. Also, try the silver insulation. It can be bought at lowes. It will cut down on the heat from the mattress to the colder outside canvas. Also, I bought transparent duct tape and have put on the outside seams. It sticks and seems to help. Please let me know if any of these options help you.
This is not a moisture build up on the inside of the trailer. I have set the trailer with no heat or people in it and the inside is dry except along that seam and that is when it is raining. I know the differance between condensation and water getting in from outside. there have been times when the trailer is full with heat on and i forget to open a vent or window and than get rained on in the moring when the trailer moves..lol, but with my test it is only getting wet at that seam. not above it or below it. I refuse to use tape on the outside of a new trailer. They need to fix this like they did with the front one. If would be differant if i bought an old worn out trailer, than i would expect problems.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:54 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokyroo View Post
Wow...what a story! Seems to me FR just cranks these out knowing they will be fixing or the dealer will be fixing the QC problems. I am an avid hiker/backpacker and perhaps getting liquid some seam seal for tent seams or seam tape used in tents and shell outer wear could be used to solve the problems of the leaks. My roo had the exact same cabinet door issues as yours. This leads me to believe they have a cabinet door issues across all their products not just the Roo.
I have only gone by what FR tells me to do so i wont void a warrenty. /They told me to use parafin wax on the seam which did help but still leaked, plus when the wax gets cold is just falls off.

Tags
23ss, bed