Old 12-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #41
Moderators' Assistant

Tom T, i have to say that i've never heard of the seams not being able to be fixed or sealed, on any of the 4 Hybrid forums i have been on. and that's for the past 6 years.
a liquid seam sealer should work but i don't see why the dealer didn't fight for you getting new tent ends.
FR usually goes with what the dealer says.

you might want to contact the tent end manufacturer, which i think is still T.J. Snuggles.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 02:02 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Tom T, i have to say that i've never heard of the seams not being able to be fixed or sealed, on any of the 4 Hybrid forums i have been on. and that's for the past 6 years.
a liquid seam sealer should work but i don't see why the dealer didn't fight for you getting new tent ends.
FR usually goes with what the dealer says.

you might want to contact the tent end manufacturer, which i think is still T.J. Snuggles.
The guy at the dealership (he does not work there anymore) told me that it is all they can do and that tents all leak... The last two popups i had (starcraft) never leaked. So i than went to FR in which the tent end was sent in and a new one sent back. Front end was fixed and does not leak. The back they repaird and still leaks. I must say camping in that trailer is not that much fun anymore, what little i have done. I like the trailer but the repairs are way to much and how hard it is to get something done. Seems like they would jump on these things but it makes we wonder if maybe they are seeing a lot of this. I will look into the makers and maybe see what they say.

thanks for that info

Old 12-18-2011, 09:10 AM   #43

Sold my Roo 23Ss

It is gone! I am glad. No more water problems for me ! I think that unit is poor quality and will never look at a Fr product again. I am in the dry now and will stay that way. This will be my last post on this forum as I will now be using Gulf Stream
Old 01-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #44

Hopefully my last update

Sent an email to Greg before Christmas about the tent end still leaking but did not hear back. (most likley because of so many emais to deal with) so sent him one this morning and he sent one back saying he is going to send a new tent end to our dealer to be replaced. It has been a long haul to get this done and doing it on my own because the dealer was very little help in this matter. So i hope that this camping year will be much better.

some points for other people dealing with FR and Greg. I have found that keeping the emails short is best. my longer emails did not seem to work and or was confusing. Short and sweet. Well maybe not so sweet..lol
Also keep with it for the long haul.
It is not a done deal yet because i dont have a fixed trailer yet but i think it will be.
In the end they have come though.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:28 AM   #45

finely got the go ahead to bring the trailer in to put the NEW canvas on the back end. Brought it home have at to set it up to test but the front replacement worked it i hope this one does. Going to set it up tomarrow or the next day to get it wet a couple of times. After a year and a half i hope i will be able to go camping with out problems. would be nice!
tom t
Old 02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moore405 View Post
It is gone! I am glad. No more water problems for me ! I think that unit is poor quality and will never look at a Fr product again. I am in the dry now and will stay that way. This will be my last post on this forum as I will now be using Gulf Stream
Well, good luck to you, I guess. But IMHO it's wrong to say the entire FR product line is poor quality. We have a 2012 Rockwood and it has only had one minor warranty issue. But then again, we have no canvas, sliding beds, etc. We tent camped for 20+ years and frankly, didn't want to deal with zippers, canvas, etc. ever again. Sure is nice to wake up in the morning without feeling like you've slept under a wet blanket.

trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss, bed