Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #1

Wet bed ends on 23ss roo

I have a 2010 Rockwood Roo 23ss and where the bed mattress and beding meets the cloth on the bed ends gets wet. Very WET, enough to get the mattress wet too. I have had a leak fixed on top when driving but still have wet beds when raining. I have had it is twice now and now they are saying its a tent and they all leak. lol... This is not caused by condenstation. No one in the trailer and no heat and is dry all around. It looks like it is coming from the seam threadin that goes under the windows all the way around the ends. The last time the dealer had it they put on seam sealer inside and out but still wet. I have had two popups in the past and i now about getting the seams wet first. These now have been wet eight times. Has any one had the same problem with a fix? I guess the next thing to do is to try to get ahold of Forestriver for help.
Tom T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #2

I had/have the same problem with my 2011 Roo 233s. Looked like it was seeping through the bottom window seams. Dealer apparently put something on it to seal the seams, but I have yet to use the trailer. Did it right before I put it in storage for winter I figure it's still under warranty, so if it leaks again, I'll take it back. It was never a lot of water, but enough to get the mattress. Hope to have it out in the next couple of weeks...not that I'm asking for rain, though Good luck.

2019 Vibe 261BHS
2021 RAM 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4
5.7L Hemi, 3.92 rear
Husky Centerline TS WD Hitch
Buckeyecmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
(Kim)

that's a bummer. When you say 'they' do you mean the dealer?
If your dealership won't help you, call FR.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #4

I had this issues last night/this morning as well. I'm pretty sure it's just condensation, but certainly annoying. We had our heat on as well as the mattresses.
Previously:
2005 Fleetwood Seapine, 2012 Rockwood Roo
2015 Sunseeker, 2017 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #5

Kristina & Jesse. no its not a condensation problem. only thing that is wet is the matteress and bedding. all side wall and roof is dry.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #6

Update... Talked to the dealer and they now tell me "its a tent and that they all leak" And they are no longer going to work with me on this problem. So now need to call FR to see what is going to happen next. It is a bummer that every time i go camping and it is raining (Oregon Coast) when i get home i have to take out the bedding and mattress so they will dry. Does anyone have a PH for Forest river. cant seem to find in on there web page and the dealer would not give me a PH. must say i am a bit upset
Old 04-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
I have a 2010 Rockwood Roo 23ss and where the bed mattress and beding meets the cloth on the bed ends gets wet. Very WET, enough to get the mattress wet too. I have had a leak fixed on top when driving but still have wet beds when raining. I have had it is twice now and now they are saying its a tent and they all leak. lol... This is not caused by condenstation. No one in the trailer and no heat and is dry all around. It looks like it is coming from the seam threadin that goes under the windows all the way around the ends. The last time the dealer had it they put on seam sealer inside and out but still wet. I have had two popups in the past and i now about getting the seams wet first. These now have been wet eight times. Has any one had the same problem with a fix? I guess the next thing to do is to try to get ahold of Forestriver for help.
So the fabric on the bunk end isn't wet? Because the bolded makes it sound like the fabric is getting wet and making the beds wet.

I had the same exact issue over the weekend. The fabric was wet which made the mattress wet. In MY case, it is condensation from the heated mattress and the 40 degree weather outside.

Edited to add, it was only wet an inch or so above the mattress to the bottom of the mattress.
Previously:
Old 04-11-2011, 08:28 PM   #8

I had this problem with my 08 23SS. Read on another board about putting this silver insulation under the mattress to reduce the temperature difference between under the bunk and inside the tent. Seems to have worked for me. No more moisture.
Cp1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Update... Talked to the dealer and they now tell me "its a tent and that they all leak" And they are no longer going to work with me on this problem. So now need to call FR to see what is going to happen next. It is a bummer that every time i go camping and it is raining (Oregon Coast) when i get home i have to take out the bedding and mattress so they will dry. Does anyone have a PH for Forest river. cant seem to find in on there web page and the dealer would not give me a PH. must say i am a bit upset
the phone number is on the back of there brochure so you know - here is the # I call when trying to contact the Factory - 574-389-4600
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #10
Site Team

that number is not worth calling.

contact Gregg Rollins via email, at FR.
i think it's "grollins@forestriver.com".
he's the warranty guy for Roo/Shamrock.
tell him how your dealer is treating you.
he responds to emails quicker than phone calls.

my tent ends have never leaked and it's ridiculous for the dealer to say that. he needs to stop selling popups and hybrids if he's not going to support the product.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 PM   #11

Thank you for the PH no. I have set the trailer up with no heat and no one in the trailer (no condansation) with the bed still getting wet. I dont mean a little. it is enough to wet the bed and mattress to where we have to take off the bedding and sleep in sleeping bags... will call FR tomarrow and working on a letter to them. I have taken a piece of tarp and put it around the bed and that stops it. May end up have to do that all the time.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Kristina & Jesse. no its not a condensation problem. only thing that is wet is the matteress and bedding. all side wall and roof is dry.
Sorry Kristina and Jesse. dont know why it bolded that
Old 04-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #13

Thanks for that email. I am going to try to get that letter out tomarrow. I do believe it comes down to that seam that is wicking in water. but we will see....Thanks everyone!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #14
Site Team

Tom, you might want to have someone inside with a flashlight, illuminate the seams and see if you can find a hole or bad part of the thread, where water is getting in.
of course, do this at night.
if you don't find anything, try illuminating where the tent attaches to the trailer, at the top.
lastly, maybe there's a pinhole that no one has found.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #15

It's still a PITA either way, I know I wasn't happy that it was wet when we closed it up and had to come home and open it all up again. That's why I upgraded from the PUP! LOL
Previously:
Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 AM   #16

forest river phone #

Quote:
574-642-2640 ext225 greg rollins.ext111 steve beyelar.
4runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyecmpr View Post
I had/have the same problem with my 2011 Roo 233s. Looked like it was seeping through the bottom window seams. Dealer apparently put something on it to seal the seams, but I have yet to use the trailer. Did it right before I put it in storage for winter I figure it's still under warranty, so if it leaks again, I'll take it back. It was never a lot of water, but enough to get the mattress. Hope to have it out in the next couple of weeks...not that I'm asking for rain, though Good luck.
They sealed mine at the dealer but did not work. They said they put sealer on the outside and inside.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #18

It's a tent and they all leak???? What a bunch of BS amigo...my MSR Sidewinder backpacking tent and Kelty backpacking tents don't leak. Our Eureka Sunrise XT family tent does not leak. My 2001 Coleman popup never leaked, my parents 1972 Jayco back in the day never leaked. Sorry to hear the problems, but this dealer or the person working there is an idiot to be nice about it...

We had a couple of cool nights down at Blue Springs SP in central Fla and we ran the heat once as one night got into the upper 40s and we did not bring our sleeping bags, just blankets- hey it is Fla and we grew up there. We noticed condensation on the tops of the bunk ends. My 15 year old daughter said dad the camper is leaking...which was just condensation.
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #19

Well i sent an Email to Greg last night and this moring got an email from him. So have taken a bunch of pictures inside and out and sent them to him. He also wanted pictures of the seal closed and open just in case. So now it is in FRs hands. It was nice to get a fast email back from FR and hopefully on a way to fixing the problem. Thanks all for the PHs and email addys.
will keep all updated.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Well i sent an Email to Greg last night and this moring got an email from him. So have taken a bunch of pictures inside and out and sent them to him. He also wanted pictures of the seal closed and open just in case. So now it is in FRs hands. It was nice to get a fast email back from FR and hopefully on a way to fixing the problem. Thanks all for the PHs and email addys.
will keep all updated.

Keep us posted!
Previously:

Tags
23ss, bed