Old 05-03-2016, 07:32 AM   #11

Battery Box and Trimetric Charge Control Lock Change

I added a Harbor Freight Tongue box, added a charge controller and moniotor, and changed out all the locks on my Roo, Global Link Locks and Keys | RV Door Locks & Keys | RV Locks & Keys

Now 1 key opens everything on my Roo, including the tool box. Better yet, it isn't the same key you all have.

I also added a second spare tire carrier to the bumper. Now that I've upgraded my tires to load range D, rated for 81 mph, I hope to never use either spare, but you never know.

I put a rain overhang made from 2" flashing to keep the water out of my bunk ends.

I put a folding extension handle on the door to help the DW get up and down the stairs.

O.K. I didn't get this all done in one day.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:42 AM   #12

We used the Canvas Hanger too. Only issue the stuff fell out during travel. DW had to put everything back in when we arrived at destination. We would love to find away to attached a netting to the front of it. Good luck.

DustyRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #13

Thread is a little old, but I am sure people are still modifying their hybrids....

Brought her home in January and she is stored at a friend's house without power so I added a small 8w solar panel and a 10w controller to keep up on the battery.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #14

We took the grandkids to White Sands and City of Rocks, NM for spring break. Lousy weather, but nobody cared. We were reminded of our favorite mods while we were there. I put a battery powered igniter on the stove. It lights first time, every time. Another favorite mod was moving the heater vent to blow towards the couch instead of towards the door. That makes it much more comfortable.

If you're storing your RV with only a small solar panel, you'll want a trailer disconnect from the battery. My Roo uses 4 to 6 watts just sitting there. Why they would design constant power drains on a trailer, I'll never understand. Even the radio draws power when it is off. The big hog is the CO/Propane detector.

I tried hanging clothes in the closest, and they always fall. Finally put in lightweight wooden shelves. Works much better.

I put a 100 watt solar panel on the top, and two golf cart batteries in my tool box up front. After 4 days of bad weather, my batteries were down to 70%. We use sleeping bags, so we don't run the heater all night.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:40 PM   #15

Our ROO came with a disconnect at the battery, when I remember to switch it, so I hooked my panel straight to the battery and flip the switch.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #16

I finally got my JT Strong Arms on. Been only using the X-Chocks until now. What a difference!
2010 24’ Fleetwood Pegasus
2017 24’ Flagstaff Shamrock 23IKSS
2015 Ram 3500 Diesel MegaCab 4X4 SRW
47driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:28 AM   #17

I cleaned it out so I can sell it.
Too hot, too cold, and too loud.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 07:03 PM   #18

I'm not one for modding too much but I've done a couple of things with our new Roo 235s.

* Cut the safety panel in half by the hot water tank so that I can get easy access to the shut off valves. This also gave me room to put the TP holder below the bathroom sink by attaching it to the sink cabinet door. (Hot water tank in directly below bathroom sink in 235s)

* In rear storage I cut that safety panel in half so I can get easy access to the water pump, filter, and shutoff valves in that area.

* Screwed an over the door towel holder into the bathroom door. It's very secure and don't have to worry about it moving.

* Bought a 4x2 table that has 2 heights. This can be used as a nice inside table right in front of the trifold sofa or near the sink for food prep. I can also take it outside if needed. Just a nice thing to have inside to put drinks and food on.

* Going to hang fishing pole holders in the front pass through storage area.

* Currently looking for ways to get the most out of the outside kitchen area
2016 F150 Ecoboost 4x4
kennibc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:34 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppine View Post
I cleaned it out so I can sell it.
Too hot, too cold, and too loud.
I can understand that, especially in Nevada. Are you looking to move into a full hard side then?
We came from a pup so I am sure temp and noise control will be better than what we are used to but I can see how a hard side would be even better.

Tags
hybrid