Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #1

What Happens Next??

We ordered a Rockwood Roo 19 on February 10. We were told 8-10 weeks. This past weekend our sales rep informed us the VIN has been assigned and he should get a confirmation tomorrow (Tuesday). We were given an offline date of April 30. So my question is-how much longer now!!?? The wait is killing me-I want my new toy!! Can anyone give me a general idea of what to expect next? THANKS!!
dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Its not uncommon for them to be a week early or a week late from what I have seen . It is the busy time of the year ! Good things come to those who wait !
good luck !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Submarines once..........

Our 233S came off line on April 10th. It shipped on April 12th and should be here sometime in the next week. When I talked to Forest River because our dealer was being less than helpful they said that with their back up and other camper manufacturers in the same position transit has been an issue and it is taking 2-3 weeks to get the unit to the end destination.
63 Nights in 2012! 8 Nights and counting in 2013
Four high energy Little Girls!:
melbornj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbornj View Post
Our 233S came off line on April 10th. It shipped on April 12th and should be here sometime in the next week. When I talked to Forest River because our dealer was being less than helpful they said that with their back up and other camper manufacturers in the same position transit has been an issue and it is taking 2-3 weeks to get the unit to the end destination.
our TT is suppose to be built May 10 if what you are saying holds true about delivery then I should just kiss memorial day goodby My dealer hasn't even got a vin yet.Found my info by contacting FR myself[Talking about a dealer being less then helpful]Bet he calls when he wants the $$$
Old 04-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #5

Melbornj and I got the same response. Our windjammer 3006wk is coming offline first week in May. Probably won't have it until last week in May if the Lord is willing and the creeks don't rise.
1973 Camaro RS, LS6/475hp, 6spd
skullskidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
our TT is suppose to be built May 10 if what you are saying holds true about delivery then I should just kiss momorial day goodby My dealer hasn't even got a vin yet.Found my info by contacting FR myself[Talking about a dealer being less then helpful]Bet he calls when he wants the $$$
Ours was set to come off that day when I called RV direct about it they told me they had a unit on the lot that I could look at and see if I wanted it (same unit different colors inside) 45 minutes later I was in the lot being told that between the time I talked to them and the time I got there they sold it. They have another unit on the way with a third color inside that they put my name on so I can have it by Memorial day. Coming offline may 10th then 2-3 weeks to get to the dealer then 2 weeks for them to prep it and get it to me put me in my new camper sometime in June when I ordered it the beginning of February. I was not a happy camper. Pun completely intended
Old 04-23-2012, 07:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbornj View Post
I Don't understand I thought you said it was off line on April 10 and would take 2-3 week to ship that sounds like you will get it in time?Unless I miss understood you.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
I Don't understand I thought you said it was off line on April 10 and would take 2-3 week to ship that sounds like you will get it in time?Unless I miss understood you.
Albany RV had ordered a unit for their lot before they ordered mine. It has a different interior color but I am going to take that one because the one I originally ordered will not be here in time.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #9

Angry

I was under the impression that customer special orders were supposed to take top priority over regular retail sales? It seems to me that FR should be pushing out the special orders first. No wonder everyone is waiting for their units to be delivered!
dec1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #10

Our dealer said 6-8 weeks on our Sabre special order. Came in to the dealer last Monday, 7 weeks to the day we ordered it. PDI was last Thursday. Everything looked great so we took delivery same day. Hopefully the transporters will catch up and get your units to your dealers real soon.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #11

We ordered our Roo the end of February. Our dealer told us she expected it in the week of April 16th. On Monday she called us to tell us she had a confirmation that it would be coming off the line May 1st and wants to schedule pur pick up on May 9, 10, or 11. I have no idea where she got her original info from, but it's taking about 11 weeks to get it form the time we ordered. a lot longer then the 6-8 weeks we were originally told. We are supposed to go camping Mother's Day Weekend because we were told we would have it in plenty of time, now I'm not so sure...
Old 04-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

KKapa,
I really think the dealers do not know at the time you order. The dealers do not seem to have an inside track as to when a specific model will be built and the factories tend to do these things in bunches so 6-8 weeks seems to be a common estimate. Although some who are more honest will stress 10 weeks plus if an order is placed during the busiest time of the year and to allow for inevitable delays.

My own experience: I ordered a Shamrock 233s on March 15th from a local dealer and was given the typical 6-8 weeks for pickup. The trailer was offline on May 17th and I was scheduled to pick up on May 25, but the driver shortage last spring caused a delay and the camper was delivered to the dealer on the Thursday before Memorial Day. Since the techs at my dealership had off on Friday and Monday, they didn’t get to work on it until the Tuesday after Memorial Day - 11 weeks after the order date.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote