My radio had one speaker not working out of the factory. A pin came out of the Molex connector on the back (on the trailer side of the connector, not on the radio side). A molex connector is set of plastic shells, with metal "pins" that snap into the shell. There are male and female pins, and a male and female housing.. The pins are crimped onto the wire, and pushed into the shell from the back side. There is a small barb on the outer edge of the pin to hold it in the shell. Otherwise the action of clipping the two halves together will push the pins out the back side of the plastic housing.
Heres a good picture of a molex connector for a computer. You can clearly see the male and female pins.
I snapped my loose pin back in, and checked the other. I found 2 more that were not properly set into the shell. All 3 were on the FR side. I am led to belive that someone in FR is not installing the pins correctly, and the connections are coming apart some time after shipping. I wonder how many stereo problems can be tracked back to this...
A very simple fix is to remove the radio, separate the two halves of the connector, and try (gently) to pull the wires out the back of the connector shells. You shouldnt be able to remove the wires/pins. If they come out, they were not installed properly.
This is what the pins look like when removed.
You can barely make out the small barb near the middle that locks the pin in the shell. You might have to gently pry the barb out a touch so it properly locks into the shell. then simply push the wire/pin back into the connector from the back side. You can do this with your hands, or with a small pair if needle nose pliers on the wire. Give it a tug when youre done to make sure its seated
I would look at this connector before I went through all the trouble of turning it in for warranty.