Old 07-11-2015, 06:29 PM   #41

Hey I have said it before and I say it again. WindyNation.com They ship UPS for free A good two hundred watt system will be just a little over three hundred. You can lean them against an ice chest or a box and aim them at the sun and do well. Then when time permits, install on the roof FLAT Or my camping buddy has just one 100 w panel. He points it at the sun when he has the patience and then lays it up on the roof during camp. He then stores it on the bed during travel.

Old 07-11-2015, 06:38 PM   #42

OR hey Spend nearly as much money on extra batteries and still have no where to charge them. BTW the power suitcase is too expensive you pay too much for the packaging and the gimmicky idea. Or hey what does 300 feet of extension cord cost? Maybe you will be that close to a power pedistal?

Old 07-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #43
Gold Miner At Heart

I would find another campground.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #44

Lots of good suggestions here, Thanks so much to all of you! Allot of the ideas,not all, are some i was thinking. It is nice to bounce ideas around with you all, to see what somebody else thinks. I still like the solar panel ideas, some day i will definitely go that route! But for the upcoming trip, which will be the last to that campground, i think i will try to conserve like he&%. And use jumper cables, but also take the charger along.Keep the suggestions coming, all are appreciated! I have a few weeks yet so i might look into new batteries. I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #45

Oh heck GO FOR IT Get at least the 100 watt system and play with it in your camp if you do not have time first Again, I have the Now $345 dollar 200 watt system

Eco Solar Kit: 100 W Solar Panel Off Grid Solar Kit with User Settable Controller w/ LCD Display!
Old 07-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #46

Are you camping or glamping? You can make it for a week. Pennisula Park is beautiful. So are the views of Lake Michigan and Green Bay. Take the fairy over to the island. You'll have a great week. A few lanterns and you'll be fine!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Butalla View Post
Lots of good suggestions here, Thanks so much to all of you! Allot of the ideas,not all, are some i was thinking. It is nice to bounce ideas around with you all, to see what somebody else thinks. I still like the solar panel ideas, some day i will definitely go that route! But for the upcoming trip, which will be the last to that campground, i think i will try to conserve like he&%. And use jumper cables, but also take the charger along.Keep the suggestions coming, all are appreciated! I have a few weeks yet so i might look into new batteries. I will let you all know how it goes.
When I was tent camping I bought an inexpensive 750 watt inverter. I use to hook it up to my truck battery and charge my camera and cell phone batteries. I just looked and the battery charger I carry for emergencies only draws 240 watts. If I were you I would buy a second battery, or set of 6 volt batteries, and switch them out every day or two. It shouldn't take long to charge the battery not in use. Just remember to start your truck every 1//2 hour or so and run it 10 to 15 minutes.

750 Watt Continuous/1500 Watt Peak Power Inverter

10/2/50 Amp 12V Manual Charger With Engine Start

Under a 100 bucks, not counting batteries, and you are good to go.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:29 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Butalla View Post
The first week of August we will be camping for the entire week, at Peninsula State Park in Door county Wisconsin. I was told last weekend at a different state park by a camper there that at Peninsula you absolutely can not have a generator! Well i have 2 12 volt batteries, but they will not last a week. So i don't know what to do! I wanted to buy a solar suitcase set up, but my wife says we have enough stuff! She said i should just take my 2000 watt Yamaha along and take the batteries off, put them in the truck and drive to town and charge them. Well that does not sound like a vacation to me! I thought about just hooking up the trailer plug and run the truck, but that could take awhile, and does not sound like a good option either! Any suggestions?
Consider a reservation at AQUALAND CAMP RESORT which is less than 5 miles away and they do have some electric sites. Visit the state park during the day.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:15 PM   #49

How about asking the Camp Host if you can run a battery charger on his/her site to recharge a battery. We dry camp at a campground in NH and when I pull in I go straight to the Camp Host site to fill up my water tank with is hose so I don't have to fill it by hand with a container.

2015 Nights Camping: 39
2016 Reserved: 23
Davylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 03:53 PM   #50

Bring a high amp fast charger and the battery to charge with you while you are hanging out showering. I have seen it done many times at Wisconsin campgrounds.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
generator