Old 04-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
We have camped several times with our 23IKSS still hooked up. For overnight stops it saves a lot of time. If the truck was sharp angle to the trailer, it would be an issue. But as long as the tv is reasonably straight, you shouldn't have a problem.
First post on the forum and brand new Roo owners here. When you camp overnight and leave your TT hooked to your TV, are you able to open up the slides? Our dealer said we should level the TT before opening the slides and my DH thinks the TT won't be level if it's still connected to the TV. Sorry if this sounds like a completely silly question!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:32 PM   #22

canvas side TT

Yep, usta own a Coleman pop up, until one fine day I heard its nickname. Bear Bait!
Within a few weeks I bought a hard sided Casita, and now we have moved on up to a Rockwood 2109s mini light.

Robert

Old 04-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargonians View Post
First post on the forum and brand new Roo owners here. When you camp overnight and leave your TT hooked to your TV, are you able to open up the slides? Our dealer said we should level the TT before opening the slides and my DH thinks the TT won't be level if it's still connected to the TV. Sorry if this sounds like a completely silly question!
As long as the site is reasonably level, you should have no problem. A properly setup hitch should have the trailer level with the tow vehicle. If the sight isn't perfectly level side to side, you can use leveling blocks on the low side like normal. When we stay hooked up, I just put the tongue jack down enough that it has some weight on it (back of the truck just starts to come up), then put the stabilzers down and otherwise camp as ususal. No problem using the slides and saves a lot of time on short stays. Found a pic from one of our overnights in Wisc. Truck is still hitched.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130819_113307_405.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	49063  

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
As long as the site is reasonably level, you should have no problem. A properly setup hitch should have the trailer level with the tow vehicle. If the sight isn't perfectly level side to side, you can use leveling blocks on the low side like normal. When we stay hooked up, I just put the tongue jack down enough that it has some weight on it (back of the truck just starts to come up), then put the stabilzers down and otherwise camp as ususal. No problem using the slides and saves a lot of time on short stays. Found a pic from one of our overnights in Wisc. Truck is still hitched.
Thanks KMP44! That makes very good sense. We have only camped in our Roo one time so far and did not leave the tow vehicle attached. Just wanted to know for future reference if we are on a road trip and just want to pull in for a quick overnight stay.
106 nights 2016, 42 nights 2017
Going Full Time in 2018

Zargonians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert elling View Post
Yep, usta own a Coleman pop up, until one fine day I heard its nickname. Bear Bait!
Robert
Robert,

HAHAHAHA...man that brings back memories - I have not heard that term in over 12 years (about the same time we traded in our Coleman )

In defense of Hybrids though, I believe they can leave the bunkend stowed, and camp in Bear country - something us old time popup owners could never do!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:33 PM   #26

Before my WDH, I could not open the bunk end while hitched. We just got a WDH and the extra extension allows us to open it while hitched! Yeah! Saved us some time setting out when we have a full day of driving. Car has to be in line with trailer, though.

Oh, and, I call our 183 a Travel Trailer when booking.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #27

We haven't ventured out since getting our hybrid but have discussed and figure if we have to overnight still hitched we have enough space to sleep with converted couch and dinette.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #28
Site Team

Yes, as I understand it there are basically 3 categories. 1= soft sides like popups. 2= hardsides like TT and 5ers (metal or fiberglass)
3= combination of hard and soft walls. is hybrids.

Sent from David's RAZR M.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #29

Bears, oh my!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Robert,

HAHAHAHA...man that brings back memories - I have not heard that term in over 12 years (about the same time we traded in our Coleman )

In defense of Hybrids though, I believe they can leave the bunkend stowed, and camp in Bear country - something us old time popup owners could never do!
I wonder if anyone ever experienced or encountered a bear that way. We have a boat siren in a can. Hopefully that's enough. Plus we always empty our trash that evening.

Tags
led