Old 04-17-2018, 10:48 PM   #1

What's the best BBQ to mount on the roo 233s

Hey everyone. Getting excited for our first full camping season and looking for the best mountable BBQ for our Roo! Anyone have any ideas? Looking at the Camco 5500!

stevens233s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 11:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevens233s View Post
Hey everyone. Getting excited for our first full camping season and looking for the best mountable BBQ for our Roo! Anyone have any ideas? Looking at the Camco 5500!
Are you set on mountable grills? If not, there are some better (performance-wise) grills that you can easily modify to use low pressure LP outlet. For a variety of reasons, I'm not a fan of the RVQ that came with my 233s or of the similar unit that came with our old popup.

Two of the popular portable grills are the Weber Q and the Coleman Roadtrip. I have the latter connected to a 10' extension gas line that attaches to the LP quick release connection.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:02 PM   #3

Ok thanks for info
Old 04-17-2018, 11:05 PM   #4

Haven't used either yet so just trying to figure out what's best! I kinda like the idea of mounting it to the trailer but not sure if that's best!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:19 AM   #5

I've had the Weber Q200 for several years now... Yes it's pricier then most but it's very well made and will probably outlast me. As mentioned above, it can be converted to run on your RV's propane system by purchasing a kit to convert it to low pressure. It also stores perfectly in the bath tub of my 21DK so I don't need to worry about it bouncing around while we're on the road.

I'm not a big fan of mounting a grill to the RV since the space under the awning is limited and can get cramped if you have more then a few people under it and you're trying to cook.

I like the flexibility of a free standing grill so I can move it where I want. I also use the weber for other things like tailgating or even at home if we're having a party and I need some additional grill space.

One thing is for sure and well documented here, the standard RVQ grills are poorly made and don't hold up or cook very well.
Equalizer WDH
njfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:04 AM   #6

I also use the Weber Q which I converted. Simple switch out. It is stored on a wheeled cart to move out if the way when not in use. Original grill was junk. Own a Roo 23ss. Good luck with your purchase.
hack522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 AM   #7

Thanks
Old 04-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
2016 Rockwood Roo 21dk

Blackstone grill. Not mountable. I got the 28" but the one that is a grill and bbq side by side looks interesting
jaymemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #9

One drawback of the mountable bar on the side of the campers... They are not meant to support a lot of weight. I don't know what factory (if known) weight limit is. This is one reason those grills are so lightweight. Cheap for the price, but there are better grills out there for about the same price, but they are heavier.
Just get a folding table or pony up for the stand that comes with some grills. Either use a 20# LP tank or if it is plumbed for quick connect use the camper gas. I think weight limit is our biggest drawback on wall mounted grill. As well as all the Fire Fighters among us are cringing at the thought of mounting fire on the wall of anything!
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:45 PM   #10
Site Team - Lou

Putting a hot grill next to a plastic Styrofoam filled wall is asking for trouble IMHO. Get a portable stainless steel one and a folding table.

They are light and easy to clean.

Here is one for 60 bucks.
https://www.hayneedle.com/product/ch...BoCp4wQAvD_BwE

For a few bucks more, this is ALL stainless and 75 square inches more cooking surface (12 hamburgers) for 90 bucks.
https://www.hayneedle.com/product/pi...xoCJU4QAvD_BwE

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s, bbq, mount, roo