Old 03-25-2015, 06:21 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Why do you hate Al-KO so much?...
I certainly don't hate Al-Ko, to me there is not a nickels worth of difference in the two. I do like Dexter's replaceable hub tho'. Shows someone is thinking and designing for the end user replacing a part rather than having to buy a complete axle.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
Interesting. I had thought FR had already gone exclusive with Dexter by 2002. I do know 2004+ torsion axles were Dexter Torflex on Flagstaff models.
IF I understand you correct the answer is no, I know on 2012 models they are AL-KO on Rockwood, Also I know that they are also on the Flagstaff. I think which could be a mistake that OC's Flagstaff which is 2010 or 2011 that they were still putting on Al-KO. Dexter acquired Al-KO like two years ago I think. It's hard to keep up. Somebody might know different but that is the latest I heard WHICH could be wrong....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:26 AM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
IF I understand you correct the answer is no, I know on 2012 models they are AL-KO on Rockwood, Also I know that they are also on the Flagstaff. I think which could be a mistake that OC's Flagstaff which is 2010 or 2011 that they were still putting on Al-KO. Dexter acquired Al-KO like two years ago I think. It's hard to keep up. Somebody might know different but that is the latest I heard WHICH could be wrong....
Mine is a 2012 Flagstaff with Al-Ko axles.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:29 PM   #24

For what it's worth, Dexter Axle acquired AL-KO USA late in 2014. Dexter is an ISO 9001 certified company. They are huge in the Agricultural playground, CAT, John Deere, ect. AL-KO axle where just as well manufactured by their parent company in Germany. Rockwood and Flagstaff use each axle, spring or TorFlex, now today one in the same manufacturer. The Dexter axle is a superb undercarriage for these trailers. It is wise to always maintain a personal stock of the components such as bearings and seals, studs and nuts, just in case, especially on a long road trip. Safe Travels!
Old 03-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #25
Learning as I go

Thanks for the info. Very helpful

Tags
bearings, shamrock, wheel