Old 12-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #11

Supposedly, if the tt came with the adjustable slide locks you're supposed to use them, so they would need to be removed before moving the slide out. Our 23ss came with them installed, and since the slide out mechanism does have a clutch system, we do use them on a trip. Not a deal breaker, but something else to install and remove each time you want to move the slide out.

Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #12

Another concern you might need to consider

I have been told that walking/standing on a slideout floor with the slide not in the out position is a no no. The floor is 3/4" plywood and apparently doesn't have the supports to handle weight when in the retracted position. So if the dinette/table is in a slide, I would at least think about it before sitting there with the slide in.

My .02.

Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #13

The Roo 23ss has the kitchen and couch in the slide section. There's no floor section that you are able to walk on. Good point though for some tt's
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Old 12-30-2014, 02:06 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimandchris View Post
The Roo 23ss has the kitchen and couch in the slide section. There's no floor section that you are able to walk on. Good point though for some tt's
Jimandchris is exactly right- the suggestion to not walk on the slides is only for the flush-floor slides. If, when the slide is in, there is unsupported plywood (get on the ground and look and you can see an opening below it), then that shouldn't be walked on. If it's fully supported in or out, you're generally free to walk on it.

I don't know which slide type the Roo in the OP is.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #15

Thanks!

Thanks for the quick answers. It's hard to be sure just looking at the floor plan, and none of the photos we've seen show the interior with the slide not extended. We still need to see the model in person before we buy, but we are reassured and appreciate everyone's input.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshnJim View Post
Thanks for the quick answers. It's hard to be sure just looking at the floor plan, and none of the photos we've seen show the interior with the slide not extended. We still need to see the model in person before we buy, but we are reassured and appreciate everyone's input.
Good luck with your search. FWIW, we've been very happy with our 23SS.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 05:46 PM   #17

Yes, good luck with your search. We as well have been extremely happy with our 23ss. Don't know if we just got lucky, but we've had very few issues with ours, and those were simple things I've taken care of myself. ( I know I'm jinxing myself right now....)
Hope you can find one you're looking for.
Jim
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Old 12-30-2014, 06:04 PM   #18

Good to hear

It's good to hear that 23SS owners are happy with this model. We've done extensive online research, but haven't been able to find one of these within 100 miles, so we may not be able to see one in person before we buy. Darn!

If we can't find one already on a relatively nearby lot by the time we're ready to buy, we'll probably take the plunge ... but did any of you get to see the model before you bought it, or did most of you just order it on the basis of the floor plan, the brochure/website info, and Forum comments?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:12 PM   #19

We were fortunate enough to see a 23ss at the dealer. It was already sold but tbe salesman was nice enough to at least let us inside to see what it really looked like, and at the time the slide was out. We also went to a factory tour in millersburg Indiana to see them being built after we had placed the order.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Nites Camped 2016 -25
Old 12-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #20

Now wondering if people have had problems with 23SS 'fridge door opening en route. We go over some pretty rough roads, and have had some problems - mainly with the microwave door opening and flinging the turning platform across the camper. We take it out now .... But pantry and fridge opening would be a bother. Is it a problem much?

Tags
slide