Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2016, 09:05 PM   #21

lights

I have found most lights on eBay from a seller called 12ONLINE.
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #22

Are you moving these lights or just replacing the ones you have?
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:35 PM   #23
Site Team

See my PM seconding this advice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
Contact Sheri Dunlap at FR parts. There is contact info in the forum library.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=166

Look under Rockwood/Flagstaff Parts

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #24

I moved 2 out of bedroom to back of trailer over chairs, and installed different ones over bed
thunderstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:30 AM   #25

FR Dealer can order we have them in our Roo, nice and bright
Old 03-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #26

I heard back right away today from FR, they are $24.48 each plus tax and shipping so no problem they are available, I will get them ordered and get them installed, I think they will work out great. Thanks for the info, it was Sheri from FR that I contacted.

On another note, I had the camper opened up yesterday all day and was goofing around with it, baked something in the oven to test it, set up the outside grill and tested it out. and left the ends open, had a lot of rain all night and a little wind, came in tonight to check for any leaks, NONE, all dry in here, flipped on the heater and it is nice and cozy in here within 15 min, it is 41 outside right now, I am amazed how fast this thing heats up!
WOW are these things made nice! planning trips and getting excited!
Old 03-28-2016, 08:58 PM   #27

If the heater is on propane it will gobble it up.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:12 PM   #28

I don't care if I use propane, I just care if it is available, we used the furnace in our old camper, it was really noisy, this one is quiet and warms nice, I am just out in the back yard playing around now, but when i do get the camper out I just plan to use it as needed.
I am on my 4th bottle of propane since I bought this so I am playing here LOL! Love it!
Old 03-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #29

Just stating heaters use lots of propane. None of us mind using propane (it's cheap) that's why we do what we do. Personally I don't care if you use it all up. Just stating heaters use lots of propane.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainframe View Post
I don't care if I use propane, I just care if it is available, we used the furnace in our old camper, it was really noisy, this one is quiet and warms nice, I am just out in the back yard playing around now, but when i do get the camper out I just plan to use it as needed.
I am on my 4th bottle of propane since I bought this so I am playing here LOL! Love it!
better to play around at home, then when your off camping, have fun.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:40 PM   #31

Ordered the lights yesterday, should ship today or Monday, I will post a pic when I get them in, I think they will work out great!
Old 04-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #32

OK, here's an update the lights came in and I have them installed.
I had to put support boards in to hold the lights so they wouldn't wobble.

I must say they look a lot better than I thought they would it really gives the camper a nice lowlight atmosphere.

I really didn't think they would look this nice but the wife wanted it so I put them in.

I am really glad I did not put a couple of the round ceiling lights in. Here are the picsClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460031881.732153.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	104140Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460031902.709792.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	104141Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1460031915.026774.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	104142

I included in the original picture of the original lights over the sofa, the other picture where you can see a roll of paper towels are the lights I installed over the dinette which I have the dinette moved out of the way when I took the picture.
But you get the idea.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:55 AM   #33

Mainframe,,,,,,, Awesome.

The lights look great.In regards to your first picture. I do not supposed you have tried or had a reason to attempt to fish a wire down from the end of the inside of the overhead cabinet down through the dead/flue space behind the fridge?

I intend on installing LED strips on ours on the bottom of that cabinet and the others, and I need to drop some wiring down for my EMS remote panel and seelevel tank monitors. I want to mount those items at the main control panel.

I am told I will see our 23WS the week of 4-25 so fingers crossed.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:09 AM   #34

I did not go any farther than the speaker, but I didn't put the "bottom inside piece" inside the cabinets back down yet, as I am still not quite finished securing the braces.

I will look today and see what I can see, It sounds like you are going to ad lights inside yours [LED strips], but I gotta tell ya John if you go to Ind. and get yours grab a couple of those reading lights, the 23ws looks REALLY cozy with both sides lit and nothing else, + the range hood light, I am stunned!

Good luck on yours, I am sure it will be awesome, I am still happy with my build quality and would like to shake the hand of the person who did all the caulking in and around my rig, WOW wish I could caulk like that!

my dad used to use one of those old furnace chains to drop wires down a wall, he swore by them, I don't have one but I remember they used to drop down walls really nice.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #35

Quote:
OK, here's an update the lights came in and I have them installed.
I had to put support boards in to hold the lights so they wouldn't wobble.

I must say they look a lot better than I thought they would it really gives the camper a nice lowlight atmosphere.

I really didn't think they would look this nice but the wife wanted it so I put them in.

I am really glad I did not put a couple of the round ceiling lights in. Here are the picsAttachment 104140Attachment 104141Attachment 104142

I included in the original picture of the original lights over the sofa, the other picture where you can see a roll of paper towels are the lights I installed over the dinette which I have the dinette moved out of the way when I took the picture.
But you get the idea.

Mainframe,,,

Looks great and I agree those round some lights are not as nice, although I don't read in my RV those reading style lights are nice I have them in my Roo
Old 04-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #36

Quote:
I did not go any farther than the speaker, but I didn't put the "bottom inside piece" inside the cabinets back down yet, as I am still not quite finished securing the braces.

I will look today and see what I can see, It sounds like you are going to ad lights inside yours [LED strips], but I gotta tell ya John if you go to Ind. and get yours grab a couple of those reading lights, the 23ws looks REALLY cozy with both sides lit and nothing else, + the range hood light, I am stunned!

Good luck on yours, I am sure it will be awesome, I am still happy with my build quality and would like to shake the hand of the person who did all the caulking in and around my rig, WOW wish I could caulk like that!

my dad used to use one of those old furnace chains to drop wires down a wall, he swore by them, I don't have one but I remember they used to drop down walls really nice.
Sent you a PM on the Indiana thing.

I intend on installing these under all my cabinets along with one of the LED surface mount fixtures they were using on the earlier 23WS. The long ones with rounded ends and switches. I had these LED strips in our previous Keystone along with LED strip behind the slide flange as a back-light. I think IKEA is discontinuing these but they can still be found in the stores. Just cut off the switch and throw away the transformer. They work great on 12volt RV power and are dimmable.
LEDBERG LED 3-piece light strip set - IKEA

I need to drop some wires through there as I want to install a PI EMS remote and a Seelevel2 tank monitor panel in the main control panel.

I hope the caulk guru who did yours does our 23WS.2. Whoever did 23WS.1 did not need his hand shaken, he needed it slapped
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:08 AM   #37

You can turn the light 180 and tilt it so it will really be a reading light and not hitting the wall ...
My trailer came with these lights and in the beginning I thought that their focus were locked but after further inspection I found out they are really reading lights and they can be refocused to in fact hit the book you are reading.

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light