Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2015, 08:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by urocav2001 View Post
Now if we could find shower doors to fit our units

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Looks like the shower pan would have to change too.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #22

Sucks lol I just got our 16 233s. Man I would love the shower doors, not too keen on where the TV is now, I could see that coming loose during travel and sitting behind the slide out, then you know what happens when you put the slide out. I do like that there is more room for the back bunk

urocav2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:02 PM   #23

I wonder if it would be a direct swap? I'll have to get pictures of the new style and dimensions. This would be awesome

Old 08-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #24

Nice.. I would love to have shower doors... but my shower isn't round..
Old 08-18-2015, 06:29 PM   #25

I have still haven't heard anything from the dealer. Every time I call the dealer they say "We are waiting to hear from Forest River sales rep to find out an estimated time of delivery" been about three weeks and no estimated time of arrival. The dealer also failed to mention that there was any changes on the floor plan. Tv in different spot, ( would like to be able to watch tv without pulling out the slide if just a quick stop) wardrobe closet gone, Hopefully I have shower doors because of the kids. I could of drove 2 1/2 hours to a different dealership that had a 233s Roo in stock but wife didn't like the decor. I hope I get the new changes but we would like to go camping before the winter hits.
StevieFx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rompinroo View Post
Not the best pic....

Did they just remove the wardrobe closet or move it. Wife is pissed because dealer never said they were removing it. The one cabinet she does want for brooms and things and now its gone. Is there another tall cabinet? We ordered it off the plans that are on the web under forest rivers site and pamphlets. Going to have to make another call to the dealer.
StevieFx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:55 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieFx4 View Post
Did they just remove the wardrobe closet or move it. Wife is pissed because dealer never said they were removing it. The one cabinet she does want for brooms and things and now its gone. Is there another tall cabinet? We ordered it off the plans that are on the web under forest rivers site and pamphlets. Going to have to make another call to the dealer.
NEVER trust the website or brochure.
Both have a disclaimer about them having the right to make changes at any time.
That's one reason we bought off a dealer's lot, instead of ordering.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:45 PM   #28

I like the shower doors and that there is more room for the back bunk, I would hope the wardrobe would be a decent size in the bathroom. Don't like the TV in that spot at all

Old 08-19-2015, 02:49 AM   #29

Quote:
Not the best pic....
I think I'm going to build a cabinet behind my potty...
2014 Chevy Express 3500
castlemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #30

Looks like the made the bathroom bigger. The walls look longer too

Old 08-20-2015, 08:59 AM   #31

Interesting. We just picked up our 233s (first trip with it this coming weekend!). They had a couple 2015.5s and a few 2016s on the lot. We picked a 2016, mostly based on the color layout we liked best. Our's is not like the one above with the shower doors (those look great btw). We took our television out and will be using it in our house in front of my treadmill (we don't watch much when we are home, nevermind when we are camping). What is the setup above the stove like in your's--where the tv normally is? Would be great if it was nice usable space.

The only thing I don't like so far about our 233s (and maybe this is because we are not accustomed to travel trailers in general with this being our first, coming from just popups in the past) is the lack of a light switch near the door. Our popups had a switch on the external porch light, easy to reach when outside and you need more light. Also, when you step into the camper, you have to climb in and search in the dark for the nearest ceiling light switch or make your way over to the switch panel by the sink. My popups always had a light switch just inside the door so that you could open the door and turn the lights on before even entering. Surprised that such a nice camper as the 233s doesnt have either of these.
Prior Campers: 2010 Coleman Avalon HW Popup, 2005 Fleetwood Westlake Popup
MARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #32

My DK has a light switch next to the door but unfortunately it is next to all the other switches and half the time I turn on the water heater, outside light...once even started the slide just trying to turn on the interior light. I stopped using the switch...just too clumsy to be trusted with anything more than a ceiling light switch.

That sure does seem to be like a great upgrade with those shower doors. A big reason we chose our DK is because the shower is huge for the size of camper, but if the bigger Roo's had those hard shower walls we might have faced a tougher decision. We really do use the shower a lot.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #33

he he, like usual I'm stirring up the pot!

From what we are finding out, our unit is one of the very first rolling out with this new floor plan modification. For those interested, here are a list of changes!

1.) No wardrobe closet/broom closet etc. Completely gone!
2.) Over the toilet is now a pretty nice cabinet with 3 shelves, shelves are too tall so I will add metal shelving to utilize the space more.
3.) TV is moved to next to the slide - with the bracket, we can see the TV if the slide is closed. For those asking about travel, we are very happy with the configuration and do not anticipate an issue with opening and closing the slide. Since the slide is operated at the panel next to the door, you can clearly see if the TV may have "wiggled".
4.) Entry lights and outside lights are all operated from the main panel right inside the front door. I hear this may have not been the case in other models?
5.) Microwave is over the stove with a cabinet to the right (over the sink)
6.) Night stand is gone
7.) Saving the best for last, SHOWER DOORS!!

If anyone is interested in pics, please let me know! We are very excited with this layout and the changes that appear with the mid-2016 year model. I have not been able to find pictures or layouts that are exactly like mine, not sure how long it takes FR to update their literature??

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:02 PM   #34

So is it confirmed these changes only made it to the 3 bunk model? Very interesting changes.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:15 PM   #35

To be honest, we only looked at the 3 bunk model. I would think from a manufacturing perspective, all would be about the same, shower, cabinets, etc? But, I tend to assume a lot : > )

rompinroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:18 PM   #36

Quote:

From what we are finding out, our unit is one of the very first rolling out with this new floor plan modification. For those interested, here are a list of changes!

Interesting. I haven't used mine yet so hard to say whether I would miss this.

2.) Over the toilet is now a pretty nice cabinet with 3 shelves, shelves are too tall so I will add metal shelving to utilize the space more.
This looks much nicer than the current setup--and if functional, even better.

3.) TV is moved to next to the slide - with the bracket, we can see the TV if the slide is closed. For those asking about travel, we are very happy with the configuration and do not anticipate an issue with opening and closing the slide. Since the slide is operated at the panel next to the door, you can clearly see if the TV may have "wiggled".
We won't use our TV so this would be better for us as presumably the current tv location would be more functional now.
4.) Entry lights and outside lights are all operated from the main panel right inside the front door. I hear this may have not been the case in other models?
This hurts me the most ()--even more than the shower doors. Such a good improvement imo. Wish I had this in mine.
Nice.
6.) Night stand is gone
Not even sure what this is? (clearly I haven't spent much time in mine yet)
Awesome.

If anyone is interested in pics, please let me know! We are very excited with this layout and the changes that appear with the mid-2016 year model. I have not been able to find pictures or layouts that are exactly like mine, not sure how long it takes FR to update their literature??
Can you take a picture looking directly at the stove/sink area?

Thanks for the update and info!
Prior Campers: 2010 Coleman Avalon HW Popup, 2005 Fleetwood Westlake Popup
MARider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 01:25 PM   #37

Well that could be a tough call between a wardrobe or shower doors.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:55 PM   #38

I would like to see pics of all of it lol. By looking at our 2016 233s, they had to move a lot of things around, between the slide and fridge there is only about 6 inches, they had to have made the bathroom wall bigger and still make it look like a larger opening for the rear bunk. The control panel I assume was moved back to the original place near the door. Mine is near the sink which we hate. I am pretty irritated about the shower doors, we only have our unit 2 months and they ordered them too, wasn't on the lot. But too late to do anything now I just hope eventually someone will find a way to put shower doors on our units now

Old 08-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #39

Thumbs up

Quote:

6.) Night stand is gone

Well thats good to know!!! My camper is yet to be built, so hopefully I will have the new changes( mine is a shamrock version). They said it should be to our local dealer by September 12.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:50 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooVader View Post
Well that could be a tough call between a wardrobe or shower doors.

A wardrobe you use all the time. The shower gets used maybe 5-10 min every 1-2 days. Sometime less.
ROCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
233, 233s