Old 05-12-2015, 05:17 PM   #31

Question about the awning. We got our 23IKSS last June. LOVE IT. Did a coaster vacation last Sept. Left Orlando and it, Six Flag Georgia, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Carowinds and back home. Have done about 6 weekends at Disney and all overy Florida with the Kayaks. Great unit for the dogs too. Anyway, great to see other IKSS's here. I have having a problem with the awning. When it rains, it gets wet insid the rolled up awning. When I power it out, water drips from it. Has anyone else had this issue? ALso the LED lights SUCK. They barely put off any light now. I am coming up on the 1 year warranty so I need to call about that but my dealer was NO help. They basically said, call Forrest River. This is because I live in Orlando and bought it it in Charlotte. Great price but they the turned their back as soon as I drove it off the lot. Anyone with LED and / or awning wet issues?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montu2u View Post
They basically said, call Forrest River. This is because I live in Orlando and bought it it in Charlotte. Great price but they the turned their back as soon as I drove it off the lot. Anyone with LED and / or awning wet issues?
Unfortunately, a lot of dealers don't treat customers very well after the sale, and a lot of the time there is no way as the buyer to know which dealers are like that.

As for the awning, ours does that. Its weird, but normal. There was a lengthy thread about this a while back debating if its rain or condensation. I have no idea which it is, but our awning is wet every time we unroll it.

As for the LED's, it seems that the factory installed ones are the same cheap quality as the ones you find on e-Bay. We went through 2 sets of the e-Bay ones last summer. They say waterproof, but they aren't. I think on the factory ones you can slide the strip out the track? If getting them replaced at the dealer is going to be an issue, I would just buy a new set on the internet and replace them yourself. Those LED strips are nice, but I think they should be considered disposable.

2017 F-250
2013 Rockwood Roo 23 IKSS
KMP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMP44 View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of dealers don't treat customers very well after the sale, and a lot of the time there is no way as the buyer to know which dealers are like that.

As for the awning, ours does that. Its weird, but normal. There was a lengthy thread about this a while back debating if its rain or condensation. I have no idea which it is, but our awning is wet every time we unroll it.

As for the LED's, it seems that the factory installed ones are the same cheap quality as the ones you find on e-Bay. We went through 2 sets of the e-Bay ones last summer. They say waterproof, but they aren't. I think on the factory ones you can slide the strip out the track? If getting them replaced at the dealer is going to be an issue, I would just buy a new set on the internet and replace them yourself. Those LED strips are nice, but I think they should be considered disposable.
Thx KMP,
I thought about replacing the LED as soon as I got the unit as I hate those Bright White LED. It bothers me a night. I like the soft white glow. Same with the inside. So I bought some Tungsten filters, cut and taped a strip long enough for the outside strip. It worked great until they started dimming on me.
Now inside.......they Tungsten filter change the whole look at night. It looks like they are soft white bulbs. Just a small strip over the LED's in each light fixture.
I will try warranty and maybe they will just give me a credit toward new ones and I will switch them out as you say.
I think I might get one of those awning tubes to cover the awning with it's rolled up. It is definitely rain on my end. Much more there when a storm rolls by.
I also replaced two outlets with ones that have USB's in them. Great for the mobile devices. I little tricky installing the boxes for the household outlets but worth it. Those all in one outlets serve their purpose but they seem like a little cheap. I also replaced all four stabilizer jack with four Huskyís. WOW, big difference there.
Thx again and happy camping.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #34

Quote:
I also replaced all four stabilizer jack with four Husky’s. WOW, big difference there.
Details? Pictures? Part#'s? Inquiring minds want to know...

2015 Shamrock 23IKSS
2008 Ford Expedition EL
DH-DW-D3K-DMTTSAP
DK-in-SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:25 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK-in-SC View Post
Detail? Pictures? Part#'s? Inquiring minds want to know...

X2 Show us the Mods 😜

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #36
Summer2Go

The newer Roo have a solar panel outlet on the outside. What is it good for? A small 45watt panel to keep the battery charged? Or more, like going without plugging into the power ?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #37

We've had our 23IKSS for a little over a year and we love it! We've done mods to one of the wardrobes to add shelving instead of the hanging bar and also added shelves along the wall that butts up to the bathroom in the rear bunk. We didn't buy the PUGs, but bought some heavy duty solar blankets and use clips to clip onto the bunk ends. It really seems to help keep the bunk ends cooler/warmer. The hubs made the bunk end gutter caps out of PVC pipe that really help to keep the bunks dry and we are able to travel with them as well. We also have the same problem mentioned with the wet awning and it has gotten so stained and mildewy looking from getting wet while closed up. Don't know if there is a solution to this or not. Looking forward to sharing good ideas with other IKSS owners!
106 nights 2016, 83 nights 2017
Going Full Time in Spring 2018

Zargonians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #38

Quote:
Question about the awning. We got our 23IKSS last June. LOVE IT. Did a coaster vacation last Sept. Left Orlando and it, Six Flag Georgia, Kings Island, Cedar Point, Carowinds and back home. Have done about 6 weekends at Disney and all overy Florida with the Kayaks. Great unit for the dogs too. Anyway, great to see other IKSS's here. I have having a problem with the awning. When it rains, it gets wet insid the rolled up awning. When I power it out, water drips from it. Has anyone else had this issue? ALso the LED lights SUCK. They barely put off any light now. I am coming up on the 1 year warranty so I need to call about that but my dealer was NO help. They basically said, call Forrest River. This is because I live in Orlando and bought it it in Charlotte. Great price but they the turned their back as soon as I drove it off the lot. Anyone with LED and / or awning wet issues?
Honestly, Montu, I thought I wrote that post as it is so spot on with my frustrations with the light strip and awning! Mine is always wet also, and not even half of my lights work anymore. We have a 2014 that we got used from the original owner, and got is at a great price so I didn't argue about the lights. I've decided that because of the slide covering almost half of the lights anyway, I'm going to use some other form of lighting out there, but we will replace the strip anyway. It should be fairly easy because there is a track they slide into. I like the warm glow also vs the "department store" shocking white look, so I haven't contacted the dealer yet to have them replaced. I suppose they would be better than the mess that is up there now. We just got back from a weekend trip and I haven't unrolled the awning..maybe I'll go check, because it was completly dry when we retracted it. I'll post later after I check. Now I'm curious.

Let me know what you get to replace your light with.

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #39

I've thought about using this awning track for my sun screen and using rope lights instead of replacing the led strip. Forward to the 3:14 mark.

here's the link to buy the track:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f_rd_i=desktop

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:34 PM   #40

Who owns the ROO 23IKSS?

CW sells a package including lights and light rail. I think it is 15-20 feet of tube lights plus the clear track, I think.

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
roo