Old 06-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #51
Well the very trip we had been set up for about an hour when I noticed lots of water coming out from the bottom of the trailer. After walking quickly around I heard water coming from the back compartment, opened it up and yes the incoming water line had burs about halfway from the city water connection to the water pump. No water for the rest of the trip. Yes I had a pressure regulator attached and pressure was 45 psi.
Setting up for dinner, the same trip I used thew bumper mount for the grill. Its is so flimsy that the grill sat at such a angle that the hot dogs just rolled off and the heat went to the back of the grill, charring the burgers at the back and leaving the ones up front hardly cooked. In addition the propane hose is not long enough to allow the grill to be mounted to the bracket on the side of the RV by the furnace.
I could also mention the wiring under the trailer where they wrapped it around the frame instead of going through the opening in the frame with a grommet but no one thinks that is a problem but me.
I took it back to the dealer to address this and quite a few more issues, missing out on the rest of the season.
Took a trip this spring to Washington DC for the Cherry Blossom festival,, it got chilly at night so I fired up the furnace (for the first time). It ran for a few minutes and then started squealing and vibrating. Back to the dealer but not so long this time.
Now I've noticed the diagonal panel on the island kitchen is coming off, and the island shakes. Where they stapled and nailed it to the frame has nothing to nail to. I know what needs to be done but I done know if the dealer will fix it that way of not so I'll probably just fix it myself.
Is calling it a lemon a bit harsh or, since this is my first RV, typical?

gbrian0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:16 AM   #52
Would be nice if the MFG's looked at these forums and took some suggestions from members who have solid ideas or ways to improve the issues we have. I for one am fixing correctly, all the small problems I have then going to the dealer at the end of the season for the rest of the issues. I used to complain with things like this but stress less often if I take a deep breath and learned to just fix stuff myself this way I control what I do and when, so far kept me from drinking And I don't normally drink

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote