Old 06-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #61
Georgia

Wobbly Table

I have a 2012 Rockwood 2601s. My table was wobbly also so I called Roger and he told me to take it to the dealer. The dealer put L- brackets on and so far the table is very stable. No charge.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #62

Did they just screw it on or weld?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #63

We also had the death wobble on our table. I added a number of "L" brackets, and it has greatly improved the stability of the table. I also adjusted one of the feet on the bottom of the table, by loosening the bolt and unscrewing it a few turns, and then retightened the bolt. One of the legs was just slightly out of square, and was allowing the table to rock a bit. Both of these measures has made the table much more useable.

'12 F-150 XLT SuperCrew 4x4 Ecoboost with MaxTow
'12 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRKSS

BradinOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #64
rip

I have the "larger" wobbly dinnette table (44"X27") in my Windjammer 2809W built this January. The dealer repaired the wood screws that were popping out. They took that on themselves, there was no recall on the self-destructing table. The wobbly fold-up legs metal bases are now firmly attached to the wood table. See previous post this thread.
Wiggly Kitchen Table
Since there has been no recall on this (wobbly) problem design yet, I decided to add eight L-braces to the legs myself in areas similar to the ones others previously pictured in this thread. I simply didn't think it fair to ask my dealer to try more without factory support.

Being the larger model table with a wider set of folding legs, the braces helped a little at the center flex points, but you must still be very careful with coffee cups or soup bowls... too much table for the center support fold-up design.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 PM   #65

Have a 2012 Roo 23SS. Replaced the folding table stand with two pedestal table legs and floor mounting hubs. No more wobbly table. Table stays up permanently unless we need to use the dinette as a bed.

Table Leg 25 1/2" - Russell Products Inc MA926 - Furnishing Accessories - Camping World
Old 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #66
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlygibbs View Post
Here are some pictures I took this am if my L-brackets. Table in down position.
I think the folding table leg assembly in the pictures may be one of the SNAP models by Miller Mfg Co, Nappanee, IN.

Miller Manufacturing Corporaton | Custom Metal Fabricator

I looked on their site but did not see it listed. Similar SNAP table legs show up in web searches from a few RV suppliers.

This SNAP 2 at a surplus outlet showed up in a search...

V40 - SNAP 2 Folding Table Base - Price: $69.00 - Factory RV Surplus - 1611 W Bristol St, Elkhart, IN 46514 (800) 325-1461 (574) 262-3327

I believe FR may buy these dinette tables assembled by another company which uses the SNAP leg assemblies, not sure if they are made by FR itself. The wiggle-wobble table mystery continues...
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #67
Georgia

Wobbly Table

They were screw on
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #68

Angry Still wobbles

Got the same crappy table is my 2012 Microlite 25KS. Tried the L brackets a few minutes ago on the table top but still have the wobbles, seems to be the joints where it folds is where the movement is coming from. It is a shame you spend good money on a camper and you get crappy fixtures like this table.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #69
Georgia

wobbly table

Call Forest River warranty person that handles your unit. I have a Rockwood so I called and they told me to take it to a dealer.
I took it to the dealer and they installed L-brackets so far no wobble and no charge. Its Forest River problem let them fix it.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlygibbs View Post
Here are some pictures I took this am if my L-brackets. Table in down position.
My early build 2013 ROO21SSL has the same table, but not the L brackets like in your pictures. I installed longer L brackets on both the top and bottom of the braces. Helped tremendously.

Photo is of similar brackets used. The longer the L brackets, the more sturdy it will be. I used self tapping screws.