Old 09-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmaroo View Post
Confused to say the least. Could someone explain the proper/best procedure to winterize a 17 Roo 19 with an antifreeze inlet. I will drain all fixtures, use the air compressor method to blow out the lines and drain again. Do I still have to do this? And my next question is what is the best procedure to get the AF in this system? Thanks in advance!
Look for a valve near your water pump. Turned one way the pump will pull from the freshwater tank. Turn it 90 degrees and the pump will pull from the antifreeze inlet. Before you turn the valve, you might want to label the lines--fresh, AF, etc.--so you don't have to figure out which is which next year. Generally, the pump will be pulling from whichever line the valve handle is parallel to. Be sure to drain and bypass the water heater before doing the antifreeze. Use a short length of garden hose (or make your own using a hose fitting and length of tubing from the hardware store) to attach to the antifreeze inlet. Stick the other end in the antifreeze jug. A 6-foot hose is plenty long enough. Turn on the pump and you're ready to go. Turn the pump valve back again (to freshwater setting) once you finish so you don't get a surprise next spring. People say you can do it with 2 gallons of antifreeze, but I used 3 gallons last year on my MiniLite.

Mark Ulmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 04:29 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmaroo View Post
This is what I was going to do but I was wondering if the antifreeze inlet would make the process faster, better, easier? If not I will blow out the lines, drain and pour a little AF down the traps. Thanks for the replies!

Drenjoey - couldn't find a "one" that uses the anitfreeze inlet. Have you?

Didn't find any video on the subject, but after reading the two threads on this forum, I know how to do it.....,

Dre

Old 09-27-2016, 07:47 AM   #13

Add valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ulmer View Post
Look for a valve near your water pump. Turned one way the pump will pull from the freshwater tank. Turn it 90 degrees and the pump will pull from the antifreeze inlet. Before you turn the valve, you might want to label the lines--fresh, AF, etc.--so you don't have to figure out which is which next year. Generally, the pump will be pulling from whichever line the valve handle is parallel to. Be sure to drain and bypass the water heater before doing the antifreeze. Use a short length of garden hose (or make your own using a hose fitting and length of tubing from the hardware store) to attach to the antifreeze inlet. Stick the other end in the antifreeze jug. A 6-foot hose is plenty long enough. Turn on the pump and you're ready to go. Turn the pump valve back again (to freshwater setting) once you finish so you don't get a surprise next spring. People say you can do it with 2 gallons of antifreeze, but I used 3 gallons last year on my MiniLite.
I had to add the valve to my TT, (SOB). It was pretty easy, Lowes plumbing dept.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #14

Thanks all, great advice... Will be tackling winterizing this weekend.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #15

Less than 2 gallons of AF for mine. Basically put the pink/purple juice in every line but not the hot water tank. Easy Peasy
Old 09-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #16
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehrbear View Post
Less than 2 gallons of AF for mine. Basically put the pink/purple juice in every line but not the hot water tank. Easy Peasy
And not the FW tank either.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 12:26 PM   #17

I do have a question regarding winterization:

Once the hot water tank is emptied, do you screw back the heater anode or just let it loose

Thanks
Old 10-13-2016, 07:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drenjoey View Post
I do have a question regarding winterization:

Once the hot water tank is emptied, do you screw back the heater anode or just let it loose

Thanks
You'll get both answers. FWIW, I put the anode back in the water heater. It keeps out spiders and such. As well, one less thing to worry about in the spring.

2009 GMC K1500 4x4 Crew Cab
2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lyon View Post
You'll get both answers. FWIW, I put the anode back in the water heater. It keeps out spiders and such. As well, one less thing to worry about in the spring.
X2

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #20
Boondocking Only

I put the anode back in & leave the pressure relief valve released. I did all lines hot & cold kitchen , bathroom sink & shower, toilet & out side shower with just over 1 gallon of antifreeze. Very easy to do.

2010 F250 Lariat 6.8 V-10
Custom Tunes by 5 Star Tuning
ddbck is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, winter, antifreeze, winterize