Old 10-17-2016, 01:40 PM   #1

Winterizing 2017 shamrock 233s

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476724199.264352.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	123240Ok ...so I just finished winterizing my 2017 FR flagstaff shamrock 233s.... and I think I did everything right...
On my model I have an antifreeze inlet...first off I believe you have to open up the valve coming from the inlet going to the pump (see picture on bottom left side) Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476725993.403997.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	123241Everything worked fine (except I lost a gallon in the driveway because I left the outside shower wand open)

So the question I have is
What about the line going to the fresh water tank?...I don't think anyone fills the tank,but if there is water in the line going to it?...I'm thinking I hook up the airline to the cap for the tank fill....right?...and the fresh water tank has a valve (just spins around) it's hard to tell if it's open all the way or not (see picture)Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1476726033.055188.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	123242

What about the city water inlet?....I filled up where the filter would be(took out filter) but from the inlet to the filter (hose) do I use a hand pump to fill?

Oh and anyone getting ready to do this remember to close the hot and cold water and open the bypass in the middle so it doesn't fill the hot water heater ...and another question here...when I drain the hot water heater, do I leave it open or put the bolt in and close it for the winter?

Old 10-17-2016, 06:22 PM   #2

Just did mine this past weekend. I used the antifreeze inlet and water pump for most of the job. l have a hand pump I used to use with the popup, so I used that to push antifreeze into the city water connection. I forgot to do the blank tank flush line, not sure that is a problem but I will go back and do that just to be sure.
I have always just left the fresh water tank drain open, it has never been a problem. Since the fresh tank fill is gravity feed, I don't think there is any water in it that line.
The hot water tank, I drained, rinsed, and reinstalled the anode rod, that hole is too big and I don't want anything to crawl in during the winter.
Pour antifreeze down all the drains.
Was an easy job.

Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
Traveled 19520 miles and 209 nights in 7 years and counting
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:38 PM   #3

Great ...thanks for the response....
First time for me with TT...I also had a pop up before this...just making sure I'm doing things right and not missing anything.

Got one more question for you...so if you shut the valve coming from the AF line that pump will then only pump water from fresh water storage tank(if full)...I'm just trying to better understand the system.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmike57 View Post
Great ...thanks for the response....
First time for me with TT...I also had a pop up before this...just making sure I'm doing things right and not missing anything.

Got one more question for you...so if you shut the valve coming from the AF line that pump will then only pump water from fresh water storage tank(if full)...I'm just trying to better understand the system.
Yes, the valve at the water pump will pull from the antifreeze port in one position and will pull water from the fresh water tank (if filled with water that is ) in the other position.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:30 PM   #5

Cool
Thanks for confirming that
I appreciate your help

Happy camping!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:33 PM   #6

Welcome and happy camping to you too. I see you are in new York. You have some nice state parks to camp in...we camp up in the finger lakes at least once each year....
Old 10-17-2016, 08:56 PM   #7

Been hearing a lot of good things about finger lakes recently....was thinking next year ,Niagara Falls ,and fingerlakes on the way back(Long Island)...do you have a favorite spot there or other recommendations so I can better research it?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #8

Niagara falls we went to 4 mile creek state park. Nice and close, about 10-12 miles north if the falls. Pick a site near the lake.

Finger Lakes, we have camped at the KOA at Watkins Glen and Taughnnock Falls State Park. Both are nice, the koa is can get crowded, it has alot for kids. Taughnnock Falls, there are only 16 sites with electric, the rest is no hookups. You can walk to the falls from the campground and there are lots of wineries in the area. The number of craft breweries is growing as well.
I hear decent things about Watkins Glen state park but have not camped there. The gorge at Watkins Glen is worth the visit.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:11 PM   #9

Thanks again
I will look into those places

I got one for you too

Lake George rv park in ny
Beautiful place...pricey but I think worth it...and great with dogs too

Happy camping
Old 10-17-2016, 09:14 PM   #10

For my 2016 233s Roo I took off the mesh filter with the attached washer out and then push in on the white button in the middle. All with the pump on and while the pump was bypassed to the antifreeze outlet and my hose was in the antifreeze jug.
Careful though, I sprayed antifreeze all over myself Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0900.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	123272Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0901.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	123273

Tags
233, 233s, shamrock, winter